Comrades

Her eyes roams across the sandy terrain as she spots a hollow in the distance. She wraps the worn blanket tighter around her body and shifts her weight.
She had finally grown into a powerful Vasto Lorde, gaining a human-like body with her cub. Her cub is holding tightly to her hand while using the other to get his similar worn blanket on his body. A bone decorates a part of her body. She wore a fang-shaped bone that attaches to her right ear and a fang-like necklace that drapes over her collarbone and hollow hole. The cub also had a similar necklace to his counterpart, but he wore a bone earring that attaches to his left ear.
She stares in surprise when the hollow deteriorates in the distance. The hollow wasn't in her range for it to die under her pressure. She looks on interest and decides to head in that direction.
"Let's go, cub." The boy smiles at her and nods, his messy black tuffs of hair bob with his head.
Together, they make it over a dune for the spiritual pressure to finally register in her brain. She's in mild surprise when the reitsu was like hers, very strong and suffocating to be around for a lower ranking hollow. She notices a single man standing in the sand with a blanket similar to theirs and looking where the hollow was.
The man looks up at the women while she was deep in thought. He's confused. How could this women survive being in a close proximity to him? He then notices the little boy that's next to her, staring at him. He finally realizes their reitsu. It's strong, just like his.
She walks down the dune and straight to the man. She smiles before boldly taking a step to the point where their chests are almost touching she looks up into his blue-gray eyes. He lazily stares back, surprise on his face at the audacity of the women. But when she digs deeper through his cold ones, she sees them mirroring her own. Loneliness and solitude, just like hers.
At that moment, all three think the same thing. Comrades. Someone who can stand to be with them. Someone who understands them. She finally found someone, she just had to be patient.

————

"Coyote Starrk, and you?" Starrk has let the blanket carelessly slip dangerously low to his waist, just barely covering him. Levka adverts her eyes upwards and gets a good view of his wolf-like jawbone that hung from his neck like her necklace and the black hole that breaches his upper chest.
The group of three are sitting on the sand to talk further.
"Levka Chernyy," Levka then stuck her hand out to the side and pulls her cub's head to her chest, "and this is Levushka Temnyy."
Levushka peeks his head out of his 'mom's' side and looks at Starrk, "When we were an adjuchas-class, we split our spirit so we wouldn't be lonely." Starrk nods at what the pup told him, completely understanding what it feels like. Maybe he should do that? "Can we travel together?" Levushka suddenly asks. His doe eyes look at Starrk when he ask what his mom wants to know as well.
Starrk stares unnerving at the small vasto lorde. He sighs and combs through his hair with his hand then sighs, "Fine." Levushka beams in joy then suddenly jumps into Starrk's lap, catching the man by surprise. Starrk manages to catch the excited cub. He holds him awkwardly in his arms, having no idea what to do.
Levka smiles softly at the two, "Lev, don't aggravate Starrk-san." She calls to her cub.
"It's fine." Starrk stops the boy from getting up. He will never admit it, but he already likes the child. "And call me Starrk, pup."
Levushka beams and nods then starts to stand up, Starrk and Levka following after. Together they trudge through the sand and further into the distance.