First Incursion

Levka glances at Starrk when she hears a rather large sigh escape from him.
    He's just received news that an Arrancar Assembly is to be held in a few minutes to review the information Ulquiorria and Yammy have gathered from The World of the Living.
She stops playing with the two younger Arrancars and stands up. Pacifying the whines from the two, she makes it over to the mattresses he's laying on. Kneeling beside him, picking up his head and placing it onto her lap, she starts to run her fingers through his soft hair. It has become a normal routine for them. Levka picks up Starrk's head, Starrk rests in Levka's lap, and Levka brushing through Starrk's hair. She massages his head and runs her fingers over his slight stubble and strong chin. With a soft smile from each, they both quite enjoy the feelings.
    Starrk let's out another sigh, this one more content than the last. Levka notices his shoulders slowly relax, "What's wrong?" she questions as she still absentmindedly caresses his head.
    Starrk turns over slightly in her lap then looks up at her. "Arrancar Assembly soon. We're required to attend. Something about the substitute shinigami, and his abilities."
    Levka nods and continues to caress Starrk's hair. She feels his body loosen up and relax, his weight increasing on her legs. She traces his facial features, putting slight pressure on certain areas to decrease the lines in his face. Levka finally falls asleep with him.

————

    The large, dark room is filled with 22 Arrancars, including their fraccion, Aizen sama, Ichimaru sama, and Tousen sama. All of them present are waiting for the two to arrive with their report.
    The massive double doors opens, shedding light into the room. Two silhouettes cast a shadow on the tile floor.
    Yammy bows down on one knee while Ulquiorra stays standing. "We have returned, Aizen sama."
    Somehow, at the prefect time, a light shines down on Aizen sama as he begins to speak. "Welcome, Ulquiorra and Yammy. So, tell me what you have accomplished, here, in front of your 22 siblings." Dramatic pause. "Alright, Ulquiorra. Show us what you have experienced in The World of the Living. All of it!" he demands.
    "Yes, sir." Ulquiorra lifts his left hand and begins to gouge out his eye. Holding it in his fist he crushes it, "Here you are. See for yourselves." The eye turns into a dust, floating past the faces that are present.
    Flashes of images go by in the blink of an eye and brief recognition passes through Levka's mind. Levka opens her eyes and looks down at Lilynette when she hears a quiet 'pathetic' mutter under her breath. She lets her hand drop on her head to quite her.
        "I understand. So, I see you have decided he wasn't worth killing." Aizen sama spoke out in a soft voice.
    "Yes, the orders were to kill anyone who might be an obstacle and we learned that there was no one." Ulquiorra says.
    "Yer soft!" A harsh voice broke the quietness of the room. The yell turns heads, eyes drawing a familiar look of recognition when they see the Sexta Espada, Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez. "If I had been me, I would have killed both of them with the first strike."
    "Grimmjow." Ulquiorra acknowledges.
    "What the hell?! If kill him was part of the orders than obviously you and that oaf should have killed him, right?! Right!"
    Levka looks down at the yelling idiot. How crude. However, she stops. She can see what he means and agrees with him. The orders were clear, and he is a potential threat. He may not be now, but he can grow stronger. Ulquiorra's decision will come back and bite them all in the ass.
    Levka is drawn out of her thoughts by another voice. Someone from Grimmjow's fraccion. "And I agree. The boy stood up to you. I say you should have killed him, be he worthy or not."
    "And look at you, Yammy. You're a mess. Then you come back and tell us he wasn't worth killing? Sounds to me like you guys couldn't kill him!" Grimmjow's judging voice raises at the end.
    "Grimmjow. It was clear. I know you saw what happened. The guy wearing clogs, and that damn dark skinned girl beat me up." Yammy defends.
    "That is so pathetic. A guy wearing wooden shoes and a female beat you." He yells back.
Levka narrows her eyes at the end of his sentences. The blatant sexism made her soft features crack.  Starrk holds her shoulder, stopping her from doing anything.
    "Pathetic, hah?!" Yammy yells.
    "Enough." Ulquiorra stops Yammy, "Grimmjow, I don't think you understand. That boy is not danger to us. Yet. Aizen sama isn't worried about what his current abilities are. It is his growth rate that is the problem. As we learned, the boy has tremendous potential. Right now his powers are extremely unstable, but I sense that if he doesn't self destruct he might prove useful to us in the future. That's why I let him live."
    "I still maintain that you're soft! How can you be sure that he won't become stronger than you predict and will turn against us? What about your plan then?!"
    "Should that occur, I'll get rid of him, that's all. You can't complain about that, can you?" Ulquiorra finally shocks him silent.
    "Yes, well, then I'll leave it in your hands. Do whatever you deem best, Ulquiorra." Aizen sama says.
    "Thank you very much, sir." Ulquiorra bows, ending the meeting there.

————

    "Let's go to sleep, now." Levka tries to urge the two children to the mattresses. Starrk is already one step ahead of her and is already sleeping in peace. His mouth is wide open and snoring, drool coming out from his mouth.
Levushka and Lilynette run around the room not calming down. They laugh and turn to each other with a twinkle in their eyes then turn to their prey. Levka sees this and tries to stop them. Tries. Levushka runs and jumps on Starrk's stomach while Lilynette puts what she knows to good use and karate chops Starrk's neck.
    The Primera Espada launches up in a coughing fit. Levushka falls from his stomach, and Lilynette backs away from the hacking arrancar.
    "Lilynette. Levushka." The two turn to Levka and pale. She used their full names, showing them just how mad she was. "Go to bed." She orders, still maintaining her smile.
    "Yes, ma'am." They say in sync and run away from the two older espadas, trying to get the farthest away from them.
    Levka sighs at the two and approaches the espada that is now rubbing his throat. She kneels down and moves his hand. Levka scrutinizes his neck then deems his fine. "Let's go to bed." Levka says and pulls Starrk to her to sleep.
    Starrk nods and follows after her. He's pulled to face her then into her chest. Starrk feels Levka start to run her hands through his hair and is lulled to sleep by the feeling.