1 || Stage - Nadia Hilker

The lights shine above Nadia's head, her eyes seemingly brighter than usual.
She was on a large stage in-front of a small audience. Another convention.
This time though she didn't know that you were there, backstage, smiling at the woman you love.

Questions asked all around her as she answered what she could, smiled at Lindsey and Rhiannon beside her. Laughing with her friends and fans.

You were waiting for the right time to run on. Lindsey and Rhiannon had helped you with the plan. Any questions about relationships and they would answer first, Nadia being last. You would then walk on behind her, slowly, quietly and tap Nadia on the shoulder.

You would then wait for her to turn around before hugging her, kissing her cheek or lips. Then, when you got out of the hug you would get down on one knee and pop the big question.

You and her had been dating privately for 3 years before she came out. You missed her when she was away but loved seeing her working on shows and movies. You are so proud of her. You had told her you loved her just before she did and you moved in together shortly after that.

This was the time, you were ready and you had both talked about marriage and a family for a while now.

You were eagerly listening and waiting for any questions that would cause Rhiannon to send the hand signal your way - her hand signal of tapping the top of her ear then stretching her arms upwards slightly.

The question never came though. 20 minutes remaining of the stage questions before you would miss the chance to do it on the stage. A place she had always loved.

The lights still shining on her beautiful face, you had to do it soon. A few months ago, she came out to the public, she was bisexual after all. She wanted to come out so she could show her love for you whenever, not just privately.

You stopped listening for a moment, hinting what people were saying. Focusing on Nadia and your relationship, memories and thoughts. You caught a sight of Rhiannon for a second, tapping the top of her ear. Then she reaches her hand upward slightly and you recognised that as the signal. Shit.

You slowly walked onto the stage, blinded almost by the lights above your head.

You tried not to make a sound. People started to cheer as you got to Nadia. You followed with the plan, tapping her on the shoulder. She jumped slightly and turned slowly to face you. Her eyes lighting up at the sight of you. She jumped out of her seat and wrapped her arms around you, her head pressing into your neck softly.

You kissed the side of her head first before she leaned backwards a bit, still her hands remaining around the top of your torso.

She kissed you. With more force than normal. Soft but strong. You felt as though it was just the two of you in the room. All until Lindsey and Rhiannon stared to cheer and whistle towards the two of you.

The audience quickly joined in, cheers erupting from the sides of you.

When the two of you eventually release from the kiss, you spoke to each other.

Nadia picked up a microphone first. "That was fun." She giggled, "This is my wonderful (girlfriend/boyfriend/partner) y/n who I missed so so so much and looove." She kisses you cheek softly, re-wrapping one arm around your neck.

She pointed the microphone to you. Shakily you spoke, "I love you too, also I have something to... kinda...  say." Nadia gave you the mic and nodded for you to continue, a wink added to the end.

"So, hi everyone first!" That earned you a few more cheers before you continued, "Nadia, you are so important to me and I love you and will always love you, no matter what." You didn't break I contact with Nadia for this part.

You quickly got down on one knee and took a small ring out of your pocket. "Nadia Hilker, I knew you loved the stage so no better place? I love you, will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

This is where Nadia smiled, tears brimming her eyes. "Definitely, little cutie. Yes."

She held her hand out and you took it, standing up with her. You put the ring on her fourth finger and pulled her in for another hug and kiss.

When you released from the hug she spoke again with the microphone in hand, "Damn. I love you, muffin."

"I love you too, bubba." You replied to her before she spoke to the audience and her co-workers.

"Ok, this is not my (partner/girlfriend/boyfriend), this is my fiancée (/fiancé)."

"I'm gonna get off the stage quickly, I'm gonna be back stage, love." You whispered to her, received a nod from your now fiancée and quickly escaped back stage where you would continue to watch the show from.

Every so often, Nadia glanced towards your, blew a kiss towards you or winked at you for the rest of the show. Sometimes you even caught her spinning the ring around her finger or rubbing it gently with her thumb in admiration. Nadia Hilker, your wife.