2 || "dance without you" - Nadia Hilker

"I want to dance without you," Nadia was singing to loud music playing in your apartment.

"For once just let me lose myself." You heard as you slowly walked into the apartment, back from work.

"I want to dance without you" Nadia sang, not noticing you in the apartment yet.

"For once just let me lose myself" You quickly put your bags down, glancing towards Nadia, smiling and approaching her. Watching her dancing and singing her heart out, in the kitchen.

"For once let me lose myself."

As the song ended, Nadia paused and went quiet. You slowly walked behind her and gently touched her shoulder.

"AHHH!" She screamed, turning to you.

"Hi." You whispered, starting to giggle.

"Not funny, fucker."

Moments had passed before she joined you in laughter.

Time passed, laughing before she swung her arms around you and leaned into you.
"I hate you sometimes."

"You could never." You responded.

"True, but you didn't have to SCARE ME LIKE THAT." She playfully slapped your arm.

You couldn't stop laughing at her statement. She really did love you, obviously, enough to marry you.

"I missed you." Nadia whispered.

"And I love you," you smiled, "'nads'."

"Shut up, you... evil... meanie." She responded, finding it tough to decide on yet another nickname for you. "I love you also. But try to sneak up and scare me again, I will bring war."

"Yeah, ok then 'warrior'. You are like the softest and sweetest person I know." You gently touched her cheek, "And you can't sing to win. Although I would love to see you singing again, and a bit of dancing around."

"Shut up," Nadia mumbled, leaning into yet another kiss, "how was work?"

"Ok, stressful but ok."

"Come here." Nadia took you hand and led you to the couch, sitting down with you. "Talk?"

"Nah, just some customers again, fucking about."

"Don't worry about it." Nadia pulled you gently to sit closer to her, you rested your head on her shoulder. "I made brownies."

"That's why you were dancing around so much, excitable?"

"And they will be the best brownies ever."

"Not burnt like last time."

"That was your fault, you distracted me." She gently punched your arm again.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, all you."

And once again, containing laughter was not your strong point. She joined in.

"God, I love you."