Tales of Camp Half Blood

Camp Half-Blood Diaries~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

********Sabrina’s P*O*V

It started off like any other afternoon. Isabell and I were in my front yard practicing archery with a bow and arrow she bought from Wal-Mart. So real, yeah I know. My mom was working and so was hers so we were hanging out together, like we usually do.

“Hey Sabrina.” Isabell asks.

“Yeah?” I ask.

“Ever wonder who our fathers are?” Isabell asks. She asks me this every week and I give her the same answer in a different formation every week.

“It only keeps me awake each night.” I sigh, standing up. It was my turn to shoot the arrows that had foam on the ends of them so I walked up to Isabell.

For some reason, we were kind of skilled in archery and Nerf sword fighting. But in school, we didn’t get the best grades. Isabell excelled in music and gym and I excelled in Science and History. Problem is, we have dyslexia and ADHD.

“I wish they would just reveal themselves and be like ‘here we are!’” Isabell groans, taking my spot on the ground.

“What if their magic wizards and they live in a mystic dimension?” I joke, twinkling my fingers throughout the sentence.

“Or their gods like from mythology or Percy Jackson!” Isabell laughs. We’ve loved the Percy Jackson series since the first word we read. We always think that rustling in the trees is just an angry minotaur or hydra coming to eat us.

Then, we hear loud rustling from behind us.

“Ummm is anyone there?” I ask, raising the bow in fear.

Heavy breathing and loud footsteps come from the field in my backyard.

“Um Sabrina? I don’t think we should just stand here like idiots waiting for whatever it is to show up.” Isabell squeaks, standing up.

“Good point…RUNNNNN!!” We shriek. I grab the bow and arrows and we make a run for it. We run down the street as fast as we can and soon whatever it is is following us.

“S-s-Sabrina. L-look!” Isabell pants pointing behind us. I turn my head and find- hmm I was right- a Minotaur running after us.

“What the heck? What’d we do?” I ask, running a bit faster.

“I don’t know but I don’t want to stay and find out!” Isabell says, her long blonde hair bouncing with each step she takes.

We soon come to the park and we hide behind the slide.

“This is it. This is how we die.” Isabell moans silently.

The Minotaur is looking for us and its pretty close. Then, we see a big blue and purple formation of magic appear by the lake. For some reason, I felt as if it was a portal to some place away from here… but it looks like mist.

“All right here’s what we do. We’re gonna run to the portal thing by the lake. You’re gonna shoot the arrows at the Minotaur to keep it distracted. I’ll assist.” I explain.

She nods.

“Ready…set…GO!” I yell and we make a beeline for the portal.

As we near the lake, I stop.

“Sabrina, what’re you doing?!?” Isabell screams, raising the bow for trajectory.

The reason why I stopped is I hear a man’s voice calling from the lake. Sabrina, use the lake to your advantage. It shall connect you to me.

I step towards the lake. I look at the portal which Isabell is already inside, shooting the last arrow.

“Sabrina, come on!” She screams.

The man-bull approaches me and I narrow my eyes. Just a little closer. I think. I feel a tug in my stomach as my palm faces the lake. The water follows my every whim and I feel stronger. I maneuver the water over the the Minotaur and blast it in its face. Then, I make a run for the portal which closes as soon as I’m by Isabell’s side.