Chapter 9~

Chapter 9~

At the bottom of Half-Blood Hill is the white CHB van and Argus, the multi-eyed surfer dude. We all get into the van and Argus drives us into New York City. From there, we’re left to sink or swim on our own. Soon we arrive at the bus station.

We wait until Argus and the van are out of sight then face each other. In a perfect circle are Me, Isabell, Nathan, Will, Alexa, Jacob and Jem.

“I don’t know about you guys but I don’t think it would be too safe riding the bus.” I say out loud.

“Sabrina has a point. Besides, 7 kids traveling alone might cause some confusion.” Will says.

We all murmur agreements, our duffle bags and backpacks moving as we speak.

“But we only have 10 days to find the goldfish.” Jem says.

I then realize something. “DO WE EVEN HAVE ANY CLUE ON WHERE THE GOLDFISH IS?!?”

Everyone starts panicking.

“Guys! One of us has to know something!” I say, trying to maintain some order and sanity between us all.

“Well Chiron did say that it would be somewhere ocean related.” Jacob says, rubbing his imaginary beard.

“Okay well half of the country is by the ocean. We can’t look through miles of the coast for one goldfish!” Alexa states.

It hits me.

“Guys! Where’s the base for the Titans?” I ask.

“Mount Tam in San Francisco, why?” Nathan answers.

“Well…,” I say, pulling out a map of the country. I slam it down on a nearby table. “If Mount Tam is on the ocean side, the goldfish has to be somewhere farther away or else the Titans would already have it.”

“So the goldfish has to be somewhere closer to our side of the country.” Jem says.

“But where?” Isabell asks.

“An aquarium or pet store, maybe?” Will suggests.

Aquarium…aquarium… I got it! “I got it!”

Everyone looks at me. “Got what?” Jem asks.

“The Minotaur was in our hometown!” I say motioning to Isabell.

“Right! That means the Titans probably sent it to destroy us and find the goldfish!” Isabell adds.

“And a few hours away is Chicago, home of the largest indoor aquarium and on the shore of one of the five great lakes.” I say.

“So are we going to Chicago?” Jacob asks.

“Oh yeah we are. But if I’m right it would take about 11 days to walk there.” I explain.

We all stand there, wasting precious questing time. Soon, Jacob snaps.

“What, Jacob?” Alexa asks.

“Well Sabrina’s dad is Poseidon.” He says.

“We kind of know that.” Nathan says.

“But maybe if we all go into the ocean or something like that, she can use her powers, contact her dad and ask him to use his godly powers to transport us to Lake Michigan!” Jacob explains.

“Oh my gosh! I didn’t think of that! Thank you, Jacob!” I say, hugging him and kissing his cheek.

When I release him, Nathan and Will have traces of jealousy and Alexa and Isabell are snickering. Jem is just rolling her eyes.

“So are we going to the Atlantic or what?” Jem asks.

“Yup! Let’s get a move on!” I say and we all start walking to the beach.