Chapter 5~

Chapter 5~

***Sabrina’s P*O*V***

After telling Isabell and a girl named Alexa about the love square, I headed off to find Chiron.

When I did, I noticed that he was talking to a boy that looked 15 so a year older than me. When Chiron noticed me, he came towards me.

“Hello Sabrina, are you finding everything all right at the camp?” He asks me.

“Um yeah. Now that I’m claimed I guess I’ll go to a different cabin now.” I say.

“Whoa, wait. Who’s your Godly parent?” The boy asks, his brown black hair shaking as he steps forward. His green eyes glinted with curiosity. I feel like I knew him from somewhere.

“Um Poseidon. Why?” I say to him.

He smiles. “Don’t worry Chiron, I can get her settled in the Poseidon cabin.”

“All right then. Carry on. I will be with Mr. D at the Big House if anyone needs me.” Chiron says before galloping away.

That leaves me with this kid.

“Come on, I’ll show you to the Poseidon cabin.” He says, motioning for me to follow.

I follow him and we walk into the “U” of cabins. Dead ahead of us was the Zeus cabin where I saw Nathan heading inside with another girl who looked about this kid’s age. She had black hair that was really spiky. When Nathan saw me, he started waving.

“Congrats on getting claimed!” He calls out to me.

I smile and wave back and soon we arrive at a blue cabin made of sea-stone.

“Here it is. Cabin 3.” The boy says.

He opens the door and walks inside…then sits on the bottom bunk. The cabin was claimed with a bunch of other stuff. I had a half sibling!

“Um shouldn’t you be leaving?” I ask, pointing to the door in the nicest way possible.

“Actually I think I should introduce myself. I’m Percy.” He says.

My eyes widen. “Like the Percy Jackson? From the Lightning Thief and all that?”

“Woah I was not the Lightning Thief, okay? I was framed!” He says.

“I know you were framed by Luke.” I say.

“How’d you know that? Word around the camp is that you showed up yesterday in the middle of Capture the Flag.” Percy asks.

So I go and ranting about the Lightning Thief novel and he seems shocked. “So there’s a book about me?”

“Yup and its really cool!” I say.

“Well that’s good to know. I just am glad to know I have a half-sister.” Percy says, putting his arm around me and hugging me.

“Glad to know I have a half-brother.” I reply.

Soon there’s a knock on the door.

“Come in.” I call out.

Nathan opens the door and peeks inside. “Um hey Sabrina. Hi, Percy.”

“What’s up, Nate?” Percy asks.

“Um Chiron says he needs to see Sabrina and a few other campers. It’s urgent.” Nathan says. By the tone of his voice, I can tell it’s important.

“Something tells me you’re getting a quest.” Percy says, slapping his hand on my shoulder then plopping back onto the bunk bed.

**

Together, Nate and I start sprinting to the Big House, followed by Alexa, the Ares girl I met earlier. Her cabin was right next to mine.

When we reach the Big House, we see Chiron standing on the porch along with Isabell, Jacob, Will and the girl from Capture the Flag: Jem.

“Nathan, Alexa, Sabrina, please sit.” Chiron says. We all sit down at the table.

“What’s all of this about, Chiron?” Alexa asks.

I look to Isabell from across the table. I give her a look saying ‘Do you know anything about this?’. She shrugs and mouths ‘I don’t have a clue.’

We look back at Chiron. “You 7 need to go on a quest.”

“We kind of figured that much. What is the quest?” Will says.

“As you all know, Kronos is gathering as many titans and demi-gods for his army. But there is one thing that he needs that the Gods on Olympus need as well.” Chiron explains.

At the mention of Kronos, I shiver.

“What is the treasure?” Jacob asks.

“… A goldfish.” Chiron says, gravely.

We all look to one another…then start laughing.

“This is serious. It is not a pet goldfish but an actually GOLD-fish. It contains enough power to overthrow Olympus but if Zeus and the rest of the Olympians have it, we might have a chance of defeating the Titan army.” Chiron explains.

We shut up. “But Chiron, isn’t the average for quests 3 people?” Jem asks.

“In this case, Annie has announced that for this quest, there must be seven demi-gods.” Chiron says. Annie was the Oracle, mind you.

“What time do we leave?” I ask.

“Tomorrow at dawn.” Chiron answers. Dawn. Everything is at dawn. Dawn just makes it more creepy.

**

Together, Isabell, Nathan and I start walking away from the Big House after the big meeting.

“Well we better start packing.” Isabell sighs.

“Um I say we pack and then start training our butts off. We’re gonna need it if we don’t want to die.” Nathan suggests.

“Point is: we have to find a goldfish. We don’t have any clue whatsoever about its whereabouts.” I say, standing in front of them.

Isabell looks at her hands where she was eating goldfish crackers. Naturally.

“Let’s just go train. Meet me in the arena in half an hour.” Nathan says to us both. He then jogs off towards his cabin.

“Can you believe that we just found out that we’re the daughters of Apollo and Poseidon and we have a quest on our third day here?” I ask.

“Not really. But it ways, I can.” Isabell says. “I’m gonna go pack. See you in the arena.”

She then walks off towards the Apollo cabin and I’m left standing there.

Soon, I’m not alone. A girl with curly brown hair starts sauntering towards me. Her face was caked in make-up so I thought: Aphrodite.

She reminded me of the preppy girls at my old school. So I put on a look that made me seem fearless.

“Are you Sabrina?” She asks me.

“Um yeah who’s asking?” I say, crossing my arms.

“Juliet. As in daughter of Aphrodite. And I’m here to say that you better back away from Nathan.” She says before stalking away towards the Aphrodite cabin.

Great, now I have a popular girl who likes my friend, training, packing and a quest that might kill me on my hands. Perfect.