⌜ eleven ⌟

mark furrowed his brows while eating his burger as he saw donghyuck feeding yukhei

he has hands for god's sake.❞ he mumbled and continued to munch his burger

mark are you listening?❞ jeno waved his hand in front of mark's face and successfully got his attention

hm? sorry, what were you saying?

jeno sighed ❝i was talking about a guy named jaemin.❞ he ran a hand through his hair ❝i mean i like renjun ok? but me being mean to this jaemin guy that one time is stuck on my head. and i don't know, i feel like i need to say sorry to an innocent, cute guy like him.

mark nodded as if he was listening to what his bestfriend was complaining. he was busy looking at something, that he think that it's much more important than listening to jeno talking about how guilty he was for being mean to jaemin.

but then mark remembered something ❝wait, you met jaemin?

mark's face showed confusion. wasn't jeno supposed to meet jaemin when chenle introduces them?

why do you keep staring behind me?❞ jeno turned his head around and saw donghyuck and yukhei being so sweet. ❝oh..

mark forced jeno to look at him ❝no, i was looking at the one behind them.

koeun?❞ jeno smirked and raised a brow

mark tilted his head to the side to get a good view of who is sitting behind donghyuck's table.

wait.. you like koeun?❞ jeno questioned ❝i mean you asked her out for lunch once.

it's not like that.

jeno stood up, getting attention from other students ❝KO EUN JI!

the said girl raised her head, only to see jeno standing and looking at her with mark sitting down at the table, hiding his face.

donghyuck and yukhei stopped talking to each other and stared at jeno. donghyuck frowned when he saw mark covering his face using both of his hands.

my friend right here likes you!❞ jeno shouted as he pointed at the guy covering his face

he was somehow proud that he got revenge for what mark did when he shouted that he wanted to have a date with renjun.

donghyuck's face fell when he heard that but koeun's was the opposite. she was smiling as if hearing what jeno said cured all cancers.

i'll be back.❞ donghyuck stood up and excused himself

mark finally removed his hands on his face and saw donghyuck leaving the cafeteria with a sad face. tons of questions were running in his head but the main one was, was he affected?

mark shook the thoughts away by thinking that maybe donghyuck just wants to pee or something.

🕓

donghyuck sighed as he locked his locker after getting something. he stared at the thing and it made him frown.

i hate him so much.❞ he whispered and was about to walk away but stopped himself from taking a step when he saw the guy he's been thinking leaning at one of the lockers, looking at him.

the younger rolled his eyes and walked closer to this guy and hit the thing he took out from his locker to this guy's chest.

here. i washed it so no need to be so disgusted.❞ donghyuck said. the jogging pants was covered with his sweat after the practice yesterday and he thought mark would be grossed out by it so he washed it.

mark got hold of the jogging pants that was inside the plastic bag. ❝who do you hate?

donghyuck scoffed ❝is that even a question?

mark stayed silent since that wasn't the answer to his question.

just go to koeun.❞ donghyuck said and was about to leave but mark held his wrist

why do you hate me that much?

why? let me think..❞ donghyuck tapped his chin ❝oh, there's so many answers that i can't say them all at once. should i write them all then?

mark frowned ❝i'm sorry.

sorry for being a bad husband, sorry for being a bad father to our son, and sorry for being a jerk. that's what mark's sorry means.

and of course, donghyuck's hate for mark would always disappear when he says sorry too sincerely.

do you really like koeun?

that question made mark think. since donghyuck is already yukhei's boyfriend, and it seems like it will go on for a long time, why not liking someone else? the future is already changing anyways.

yeah, i do.❞ it was true though, he likes koeun. just like.

donghyuck gave mark a smile that he hasn't done in front of him for how long already, ❝ok then.

the smile made mark feel like there's something more behind that smile.

hope you'll be happy in the future.

t b c