⌜ thirteen ⌟

❝good afternoon kids, we have special guests today

good afternoon kids, we have special guests today.❞ jaehyun said, getting the attention of all kids.

the kids gathered around jaehyun and the two boys standing next to him. donghyuck smiled upon seeing the kids, he may not have chan right now but seeing these kids was enough for him to think that he's taking care of chan.

he actually missed taking care of chan.

meet jaemin and donghyuck.

the kids cheered at them. jaehyun left the two and the kids started scattering around the room. donghyuck went to jaehyun to ask him something, leaving jaemin alone in the room with plenty of kids.

a boy playing alone at the corner of the room caught jaemin's attention. instead of playing with the other kids, jaemin went to the child alone in the corner.

jaemin sat down on the floor next to him, making the boy flinch. ❝hello.

the boy stared at him as if he was some kind of alien.

jaemin giggled ❝i'm jaemin.

the boy didn't care and just ignored jaemin and continued playing with the toy car.

jaemin tapped his chin, thinking of something to get the boy's attention. he wasn't that easy to impress. judging by the toy he's playing, maybe he could get his attention if he also has a toy car.

jaemin stood up from his place and borrowed a toy car from the group boys playing and running around. he asked nicely and the boys gave him a toy truck. jaemin ruffled their hair and said a thank you before going back to the boy that was still playing alone in the corner.

look, i also have a car!

the boy stared at the toy like he was judging it ❝that's a truck, not a car.

jaemin shrugged ❝still the same.

trucks are big and slow. cars are small and fast!❞ the boy argued

jaemin smirked, teasing the boy ❝my truck is special. it is big and fast.

the boy stood up and raised his car ❝mine is faster!

jaemin smiled as he succeeded in getting the boy's attention ❝let's have a race then.

jaemin oppa!

jaemin turned around to see who owned the cute voice and saw a girl holding a headdress that has cat ears.

the girl smiled as she happily placed the fake cat ears on jaemin's head, making him look like a cat.

hey kitty!❞ the girl giggled

jaemin gave the girl a smile. he watched her bring another headdress and this time it was dog ears.

the girl walked closer to the boy ❝mino, you wear this.

mino, the boy that was playing alone in the corner, shook his head. ❝go away mina.

the girl pouted ❝no i won't.❞ she forced mino to wear the headdress and cooed at how his cute his twin looked

jaemin's eyes widened ❝are you two..

mina nodded ❝identical twins? yeah.

mino held jaemin's hand ❝let's go play hyung.

mina held jaemin's free hand ❝oppa will play with me!

jaemin laughed and tightened his grip on both the kids hands. ❝i'll play with you both. let's go!

🕓

how does it feel like working in a nursery?❞ donghyuck questioned

jaehyun hummed, thinking of an answer ❝fun, nice, awesome (?)

donghyuck giggled ❝don't you also have to take care of the triplets at home?

donghyuck knew jaehyun through his cousin, taeyong. jaehyun and taeyong got married and had triplets. donghyuck could remember the wedding day where in jaehyun and taeyong exchanged vows and mark provided him a box of tissues.

jaehyun raised a brow ❝triplets?

but that happened in the future after graduating.

donghyuck coughed and let out an awkward laugh ❝i m-mean.. the dogs!

jaehyun laughed ❝oh the dogs? they're fine.

donghyuck placed a hand on his chest and heaved a sigh. their conversation was cut off by a guy calling jaehyun. jaehyun excused himself and went to talk to the guy who called him.

minutes later, a baby came running inside the room, bumping donghyuck.

chiro?

donghyuck could remember the baby's face. it was the kid who cried when he bumped him.

the baby's face brightened as he saw donghyuck ❝uncle lollipop!

jaehyun came inside the room and giggled at the nickname ❝lollipop?

the baby nodded ❝i forgot his name.❞ the baby rubbed his nape while giggling.

donghyuck giggled and ruffled the baby's hair ❝i'm donghyuck.

i'll still call you uncle grandpa lollipop!

jaehyun's laugh can be heard from jaemin's side making the other turn around and then went back to playing with the twins.

g-granpa..❞ jaehyun laughed while wiping his invisible tears

donghyuck mocked the older's laugh. ❝shut up.

the baby tugged donghyuck's shirt making him crouch down to match his height.

i want lollipop.

donghyuck smiled and ran a hand through the baby's hair ❝wait here.

his bag was located at the bench outside the room. he hopped his way outside, hoping that there is still a lollipop inside his bag. he remembered buying a lot together with jaemin awhile ago.

he opened his bag and let out a 'yes' when he saw three lollipops left.

he turned around and saw someone familiar walking away.

donghyuck tilted his head. as far as he knows, jisung is with chenle. what is he doing here in the nursery, alone?

jisung!❞ he shouted but the guy didn't turn around.

he clicked his tongue and ran towards him, poking the guy at the back.

the younger's eyes widened as he clearly mistook the guy as jisung.

hm?

donghyuck gulped ❝s-sorry..

the guy giggled and walked away, leaving a frozen donghyuck by the hallways.

he took a deep breath as the guy finally disappeared. ❝i thought he was jiro.

t b c