(6)

Yoongi texted Jimin multiple times after that night but never got a reply. He waited days, up to even a week but there was nothing. Yoongi figured Jimin lost interest after meeting him in person.

Maybe Yoongi wasn't what Jimin was expecting. Thinking of that made Yoongi, if he was being honest, sad. He kind of liked Jimin, now. He liked his humor, especially his company. Plus, Yoongi kind of wanted a new friend. 

Mingus_Yoongles: Heyyy

--

Mingus_Yoongles: Um, I was going to say something but I forgot

Mingus_Yoongles: I hope I'm not bothering you :/

--

Mingus_Yoongles: You there?

--

Mingus_Yoongles: It's been three days... Are you okay? Maybe you just haven't been on Insta. I sound so... eager? is that even the right word. Istg I'm so annoying I'll go now. 

--

Mingus_Yoongles: Heyyyy, it's been five days! I'm kind of worried? I know I shouldn't be, though. Right? 

--

Mingus_Yoongles:  IT'S BEEN A WEEK

Mingus_Yoongles: I'm sorry I'm so persistent

Mingus_Yoongles: I need to leave you alone wow

Mingus_Yoongles: Hope you're doing good. 

Yoongi gave up after the seventh day passed. Yoongi couldn't understand why he was obsessing over some guy he barely knows. A small part of him is worried about Jimin but he knows he shouldn't be. So, Yoongi carried on. 

Another day passed. 

Then another. 

It wasn't until the tenth day that he received a message from the boy. It was around two in the morning and Yoongi was working nightshifts again. 

mochimchim: i'm so sorry, Yoongi

mochimchim: are you there tonight?

Mingus_Yoongles: mhmm

mochimchim: can i come by? it's okay if not

Mingus_Yoongles: Of course you can

mochimchim: thank you, i'll be there in a few

Yoongi turned his phone off, leaning on the register. He found the sudden conversation a little odd. Something about it made Yoongi feel uneasy. Well, Yoongi couldn't understand the feeling.

He just patiently waited for Jimin to show up. Yoongi was never one for much social interaction but something about seeing Jimin again made him feel, well, happy. Jimin was seriously growing on Yoongi. He was amazed by how easily Yoongi adjusted to talking to Jimin in person the other day. It took him months just to be able to hold a moderately derationed conversation with Jin, or even Taehyung or Jungkook.  

Yoongi perked his head up when the bell on the door rang. But, it was just some random customer. He waited for the girl to shove a few items onto the table. Yoongi barely paid attention to her, lazily scanning the items before bagging them. 

He waited another ten minutes. After that, he figured Jimin wasn't coming. It had already been a half hour. Maybe Jimin fell asleep. After all, it was now three o'clock. Yoongi grew hungry so he got up to search through the shelves. Jin allows him to eat whatever he wants. He knows that Yoongi is too guilty-hearted to take anything over five dollars so he lets it slide.