(22)

It really was just a dream. Jimin was sure it wasn't but he was wrong. He woke up just a few minutes after that, still on the couch, head on Yoongi's shoulder. The sun wasn't even down yet.

Jimin bit his tongue and stood up, retreating quickly into his room. He cried quietly into his hands. Yoongi, of course, woke up instantly and noticed something wasn't right so he went to check on him.

The younger made the mistake of leaving his door unlocked.

"Jimin? Are you alright?" Yoongi asked, shocked to see Jimin quietly sobbing into his hands.

"I just had a dream about Yun, that's all." Jimin forced out. He felt bad for lying but he knew Yoongi always lied about his own dreams.

Yoongi walked over and sat next to Jimin, wraping his arm around Jimin's waist, "It's alright. Don't worry about her anymore, okay?"

Jimin felt as if his heart was breaking. It hurt so, so bad. His chest was contracting into itself as he cried. He didn't understand why he was crying so much. It was a nice dream- but that's all it was. Just a dream.

"Come here, shh, it's okay." Yoongi cooed and pulled Jimin in for a hug. Jimin sobbed silently into Yoongi's shoulder.

"I miss seeing happy Jimin." Yoongi sighed and rubbed his back. He's gotten used to comforting Jimin when he's crying. He enjoys it, sometimes. Being able to make Jimin better makes Yoongi feel like he's doing something right. Like he's being a decent, interactive human being.

Yoongi pressed his lips against the side of Jimin's head, much like giving him a kiss. He didn't know what pulled him to do that.

Jimin sniffled and pulled his head up, "I'm sorry. I cry too much."

"It's okay, Jim. Crying is good sometimes. It helps you get your feelings out."

"I know. Thank you." Jimin wiped his eyes and sat back but Yoongi didn't unlock his arms.

"Sure you're okay?"

"Pretty sure I asked you that this morning, Yoongs." Jimin chuckled.

"Then let's settle it this way: Neither of us are fine and we should live the rest of our lives in the basement of an abandoned school house."

"That's oddly specific."

Jimin and Yoongi just stared at each other for a few moments after their laughter fell silent.

"You have really pretty eyes, Yoongi." Jimin said and regretted it the moment after. He didn't want Yoongi to get the wrong idea.

"Oh, um, thank you?" Yoongi laughed, "Nobody's ever told me that before." He let go of Jimin and stood up.

"Do you wanna see your present now? It's 5... We might be late but it's okay." Jimin chuckled and went to his closet. Yoongi hummed, feeling excited. He had no idea what Jimin had done.

After a few minutes, they were in the car.

"I hope you like it- well, it cost me a shit ton so you better like it." Jimin teased and bumped Yoongi's shoulder with his own. They always sat really close when they were in Yoongi's car. It was a bench seat, afterall. And it was pretty cold.

Yoongi became more and more confused the farther into town they drove. He had no idea where Jimin was taking him.

"They let me come in and decorate the place last night. I just waited until you fell asleep."

"What?"

They pulled into a parking spot. The building looked quite pretty. There were little plants all over the grey concrete.

"It's a cat cafe." Jimin chuckled.

Yoongi's eyes lit up, "Really!? I didn't know they had one in Seoul." He looked really excited. Jimin felt relieved. He knew Yoongi loved cats.

"Yep." Jimin hopped out of the car and was pulled into an abrupt hug by Yoongi. He shook him back and forth, "Thank you!"

"I rented the whole place out, Yoongs."

"Holy shit. Are you serious?"

Jimin hummed.

"Damn. Thank you. This is awesome." Yoongi chuckled and followed Jimin up the staircase. Jimin opened the door and Yoongi was shocked. For one, there were cats everywhere, and two there were fairy lights strung up all over.

"You did this?"

"It took me a long time but yeah. It reminded me of that fort we build a week or so ago. I wanted to try to replicate it using these." Jimins face redened and he was thankful it was pretty dark. He remembered what happened that night-

"Hello." Yoongi smiled and bent down to pet the siamese at his feet. Jimin smiled. He liked seeing Yoongi happy.

"They left us some concessions, so that's nice. I also smuggled some blankets in. Others I borrowed from Tae and Jungkook." Jimin turned and locked the door behind them.

"So that's where they went." Yoongi chuckled and followed Jimin further into the building. Most if the cats were asleep, a few perking up and the sudden appearance of people.

"I was thinking we'd watch a movie? Or play games- I dunno. I'm really bad at organizing stuff." Jimin shook his head in frustration.

"Both. And no you're not, this is so cool, Jim- They're so cute." Yoongi squealed and walked towards a group of cats sleeping on the large window sill. Jimin reached down and picked up the calico at his feet.

Jimin often wondered if his own cat was still alive. She was growing old and Jimin wasn't able to bring her with him when he moved to Seoul. He had her for most of his years.

"What movie do you want? They've got Netflix."

"Let's watch the Krampus." Yoongi chuckled, "I haven't watched it in a while."

"What is it about?"

"You'll see. Don't read the desription." Yoongi felt bad, thinking it may scare the boy but what can it hurt?

"Mm, okay." Jimin hit play on the movie and took a seat in the corner. He'd laid a lot of the blankets over the cushions. He spent forever making it look nice.

Yoongi slid in next to him. A few of the cats climbed onto the makeshift bed with them. More continued to come. Yoongi couldn't have asked for a better night. He really was enjoying this.

- -

Jimin gasped, "Yoongi!" He shut his yes tight and grabbed onto his arm, "You didn't tell me this was a horror movie." His bottom lip quivered.

"Aww, I'm sorry. We can change it." Yoongi grabbed the remote and turned the movie off.

"It's off, now. You can let go."

"I d-don't want to." Jimin sniffled. Yoongi looked over in surprise to see little tears rolling down the younger's cheeks.

- -