Escaping Dark England//Chapter 5

The sun continued to burn over me and kuma as we walk through the grassy green woods. It had been about 16 hours since we escaped London and we had made it to an destroyed rune Cambridge. Through the trip Kuma had gotten tired 9 hours through carrying me and I ended up walked the rest of the way; so I was exhausted.

             At first I was very wary of the big polar bear but after being with Kuma for 16 hours you got to see it was just like Canada's bear,  Kumajirou, back home... just a lot more macho. Like Kuma was able talk like Kumajirou but unlike Kumajirou he didn't like to and he had a rough and scratchy voice.

            A splashing and whistling of waves catch my ears. I stop in my track and listen to the calming noise; realization hit me and it was a stream off in the distance to the left of us. Kuma seemed to have heard it too and went in the direction of the noise.

           I follow him; A little while more I pushed a bush to the side and the bright light from being no trees causes me to squint my eyes in pain. After blinking and adjusting I saw a beautiful site; a bunch of building runes with a glistening clear stream with fishes jumping out. It was surely a site I would remember forever.

           Kuma ended up going into the water and chased after the fish. I watched for a while and would giggle after he would lose a fish and made a confused face.

             'Even though this is like an apocalypse like world it is at least good to see a kind face. Even if it's a talking bear.'

             I walked closer to the water and looked down at myself in the reflection of the water before jumping back in shock realizing I was a mess. I wasn't the type to mind what I looked like but I looked like a crazy person; my hair had pieces of mud and leaves sticking out, my face and skin had blobs of black and brown from soot and dirt and finally my outfit from Oliver's bakery was torn and dirty.

               I looked around and finally stopped at the rune houses to the right of me and sigh.

            'Looks like the only way I can find new clothes is if I look through the old house...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             The door made an unsettling creak as I exit the rune house. I shivered at the thought of going in there again; the place had surprised me by being infested with so many rodents, bugs and moss. It was a good choice though going through that house. I ended up finding an army swish knife, a butchers knife, a big backpack, bar of soap, blankets, a first aid kit and new clothes.

                 Most of the clothes I found were moth infested so I was only left down to this outfit...

             It was a pretty cute classic outfit but i was hoping for something with a little more mobility

              'Oh well, beggars can't choose.'