08 | THE RETURN

08 | THE RETURN

IT ALL SEEMED LIKE A REGULAR morning when Samantha Darling head off for school with Diana Barry at her side

IT ALL SEEMED LIKE A REGULAR morning when Samantha Darling head off for school with Diana Barry at her side. As the two were engulfed in the cold winter air, they gazed at the becoming-white atmosphere.

"I absolutely adore winter, Diana," Samantha spoke, smiling as the wind blew back her white-blonde hair. "Don't you?"

"It's quite beautiful," Diana agreed, her lips quivering due to the drop in temperature. "Yet it's awfully cold."

Giggling, Samantha and Diana trudged through the snow whilst making their way to the schoolhouse. As they passed through the woods, Samantha accidentally knocked a tree branch, sending snow down onto Diana.

Squealing, Diana jumped up in down - her best attempt at shaking off the snow. "Samantha!" she exclaimed as she dusted off her coat.

"Sorry!" Samantha spoke, giggling as Diana packed some snow into her hands - forming it into a ball.

Eyes widening, Samantha backed away, "No, no, don't you dare Diana Barry!"

Grinning maniacally, Diana lightly pulled her arm back and threw the snowball towards Samantha - the snow bursting open on her coat as it's white powder fell.

"Snowball fight!" Diana squealed, her soft laughs echoing through the winter wonderland.

The two girls spent the rest of the way tossing snow at one another - a game Samantha hadn't played since she was a little girl.

Smiling, Samantha held her arms up in the air, "I surrender, white flag!"

"Yay!" Diana cheered, clapping her gloves hands together. "I win!"

"Good game, Diana."

Samantha bowed before the girl, Diana curtsying in response, smirking as she replied, "You shall be my loyal servant now."

Samantha hugged her basket to her chest, "Only if you race me back to the schoolhouse!"

"Wait, wha-"

"One, two, three, go!"

"Hey, wait!" Diana called after Samantha as she watched the girl race ahead of her. "That's not fair! I was not yet ready!"

"Come on, slow poke!" Samantha beamed from a few feet ahead. "I'm almost there!"

As the blonde haired girl ran through the barrier of trees and into the schoolyard, she planted her feet in victory - raising her arms as she beamed, "Yes! Now you have to be my loyal servant!"