20 | RUNAWAY BRIDE

20 | RUNAWAY BRIDE

AS THE NEXT DAY ROLLED BY, THE SEVEN GIRLS STOOD together in Prissy Andrews' bedroom, each of them helped  the girl get ready for the biggest day of her life

AS THE NEXT DAY ROLLED BY, THE SEVEN GIRLS STOOD together in Prissy Andrews' bedroom, each of them helped the girl get ready for the biggest day of her life. Samantha Darling had never first-handedly experienced a wedding ceremony in all of her life, so she couldn't bear to hide her excitement. Although, despite the feeling of joy, the girl also found herself a bit weary on the subject.

Prissy Andrews was going to be marrying Mr. Phillips — the head teacher of Avonlea school. It was a bit odd to comprehend the fact that Prissy was marrying someone nearly twice her age, but love was love.

Or so she thought.

Maybe if Prissy hadn't rushed into things so quickly, she would have realized the consequences of marrying this man. What Prissy has trouble realizing was that she would not be able to attend college, not would she be able to further her education as an independent woman. Instead, she would only be needed to take care of her husband, and that is all.

It just wasn't right.

But, it was Prissy's life. If she wanted to live this way, so be it. If she truly loved him, then there should be no hesitation in giving up a part of her life for him. Though, there will always be a doubt.

The giggling of the girls snapped Samantha Darling back into reality. Fixating her gaze on Ruby, Samantha admired her signature rose-pink dress that was decorated with white lace. Adding onto her attire, Ruby's curled hair was styled neatly at her shoulders — her blue eyes sparkling with joy.

Looking around the room, Samantha noticed that each of the girls were wearing a different color — each symbolic in their own way.

Anne Shirley-Cuthbert was dressed in a light blue dress, the shoulders high with a sophisticated tone. Her cropped red hair complimented the outfit quite nicely.

As for Jane Andrews, she was dressed in a golden-yellow gown, falling just below her knees. This dress was similar to Clara Mackenzie's; only her gown was styled with green.

Diana Barry's dress was simply divine — a beige undertone with numerous designs trailing down to her knees. The dress was also embedded with a light blue sash around her torso, matching the bow placed neatly in her hair.

Samantha Darling herself was dressed in a pastel purple gown that reached below her knees. Normally, Samantha never wore the color purple, but today she figured, 'why not?'. With her platinum blonde hair styled into curles, the girl felt as though she was going back to the Royal Ball.