Chapter Three: Dinner Theatre

Madison sat awkwardly at the large kitchen table as Mrs. Weasley buzzed about the kitchen, flicking her wand this way and that.

"Ah, I see your sweater I knitted fits well. The color looks lovely on you. I had a feeling it would. Oh dear," Mrs. Weasley stopped suddenly, examining Madison's sweater, "it appears there are a few frays. Well, you needn't worry, I'll fix it up later tonight." Mrs. Weasley then proceeded to go back to milling about the kitchen, as though she were never interrupted.

"Are- are you sure you don't need help with anything?" Madison squeaked, feeling a bit out of place.

"Oh, I don't need any help with the cooking, but perhaps you can set the table?" Molly suggested, flicking her wand at the pot on the stove so the spoon would stir.

"Okay," Madison said, following Mrs. Weasley's gaze to the plates cabinet, "Um, how many places do I need to set?"

"Thirteen," Molly responded, "and, dear, utensils are over here." Molly flicked her wand to a drawer as she spoke. It opened at her command.

Madison pulled thirteen plates from the cabinet and set the stack on the table. The kitchen door opened as Madison had begun setting the plates and in walked, Arthur Weasley. He gave his wife a small kiss on the cheek and upon seeing Madison, gave her a firm handshake.

"Hello, Madison. Good to see you," he said, a small smile on his face.

"Hello. It's good to see you too," Madison responded, feeling awkward around a new person in a new environment. She suddenly became hyperconscious of the fact she literally just rolled out of bed before arriving and she probably looked a wreck. Arthur seemed to take no notice.

"Oh, here, let me help," he offered after noticing she was setting the table.

"Oh, thanks," she said quietly, continuing to set the plates while Arthur grabbed the utensils. He followed behind her, setting utensils at each plate she set.

"Good. Now we're done twice as quickly," Arthur said after they had finished.

Madison wasn't quite sure how to respond so she simple smiled and nodded.

"So, Madison, you must know all about Muggles," Arthur began, sitting at the table and motioning for her to join him, "tell me. What is the function of a rubber duck?"

"Oh. Well, kids use them a lot in- DON'T DO THAT!" Madison exclaimed after the twins sudden appearance startled her into a near heart attack.

"But we need you!" Fred whined, sitting beside her at the table.

"Do you really?" Madison asked before she was startled yet again by an unexpected hug.

"Hi George," Madison said, patting George's arms gently that he had wrapped around her shoulders.

"Hi," he said, still not releasing his grip.

"Anything I can help you with?" she asked again.

"Nope," George answered, still not relinquishing from the hug.

"So, you said you guys needed me?" Madison said turning her attention back to Fred, who was smirking wildly at Madison's current position.

"Yeah some stuff fell out of your trunk, one of the locks is dodgy, and we want to know what they are," Fred said.

Madison's heart skipped a beat as she very dearly hoped he didn't pull her bra out of his pocket, not that it would fit anyway. Instead, much to her relief, he pulled out her pencil pouch and set it on the table. He unzipped it and pulled out several of her pens.