Chapter Seventeen: "It's called fashion, Moony."

"We wish you a Merry Christmas! We wish you a Merry Christmas! We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" Madison sat up in her bed on Christmas day and looked around the dark bedroom. Ginny had sat up and was looking at Madison.

"Did you leave the radio on?" she asked.

"No."

"Awe! Did you hear that? They thought my singing was from the radio," A voice said from the hall.

"Don't let it go to your head," another voice responded.

"Good tidings we bring to you and your kin! We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!" The singing continued from the hallway.

Madison hopped out of bed and wrapped Fred's blanket around her shoulders. When she opened the door, Sirius and Remus were on the other side, holding a ratty book of carols.

"Morning!" Sirius said cheerfully.

"Morning," Madison responded, nowhere near as cheerfully. She rubbed her eyes and when she looked back they were still there. This was still a thing that was happening.

"If I go back to sleep, are you guys just going to start singing again?" Madison asked.

Sirius and Remus shared a look. "Yep," Sirius answered.

"Got it," Madison said, "well I guess I'll get ready then."

Madison closed the door and walked back into the room. She turned the light on and Ginny groaned.

"Get up," Madison said as she got ready.

"Why?" Ginny groaned, pulling the blanket over her head.

"Because they'll just come back and keep singing."

"Now bring us some figgy pudding! Now bring us some figgy pudding! Now bring some out here!" Sirius and Remus's voices drifted from the hall once again.

Madison furrowed her brows and peeked out of the door. They were standing across the hall at the twins door.

"George! What the bloody hell is that?" Fred exclaimed from his room.

"Sounds like a dying animal, Freddie," George responded.

Fred opened the door to see Remus trying to hide his smile and Sirius fuming.

"Oh hey," Fred said, his voice groggy and his hair tousled from sleep. "What was that wailing? Another restless ghoul hiding about?"

Sirius was fit to bursting. "My voice is angelic!" Sirius exclaimed before throwing the carol book onto the floor and storming down the stairs.

"I'm lost," Fred admitted as Remus doubled over laughing.

"Just-just open your gifts and come down for lunch when you're done," Remus said though his fits of laughter.

When Madison re-entered the room, she saw a pile of presents sitting at the foot of her bed. Ginny was halfway through her pile when Madison sat down for hers.

The first gift she opened was a little book from Hermione on spell casting. Inside there were little diagrams and pictures that described it all in better detail. Ron's gift was a box of Cauldron Cakes. Ginny had given her a bag of Every Flavor beans. Harry's gift was a guide of Quidditch plays. Mr and Mrs. Weasley gave her another sweater with some treacle tarts. George had given her a load of candy and he returned her books he borrowed.

The last gift she opened was in a small velvet box with a golden bow neatly tied on top. She untied the ribbon and lifted the lid. Resting on a velvet cushion was a silver locket. The outside was a plate of shining silver, but the real surprise was when she popped it open.