Chapter Twenty: He's back

"You've lost, Old Man." Harry writhed on the ground as he spoke in a voice that belonged to another.

The Ministry of Magic was in ruins in the wake of Voldemort's attack. The students all gathered and watched as their friend writhed in agony. They were beaten and battered. They've all seen better days. It had been a night of pain and loss. The Order had lost one fighter. A truly great one.

"Harry," Dumbledore spoke quietly, "it is not how you are alike, but how you are different."

"You're the weak one," Harry said after a while, "and you'll never know love or friendship. And I feel sorry for you."

****

Several Hours Earlier

"IF YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO ACT LIKE I HAVEN'T SEEN-"

"D'you hear that?" Mallory asked as they walked down the hall.

"Sounds close," Sara commented.

"Voice sounds kinda familiar," Carter commented.

"WELL, I EXPECT HE'D SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT IF HE KNEW WHAT I'D JUST-"

"Now that definitely sounded like Harry," Madison said as they approached a classroom. Ginny, Neville, and Luna approached from the opposite end of the hall.

"You guys hear that too?" Blaire asked them.

"Hard not to," Ginny commented with a laugh.

"Harry's got a real set of lungs on him," Grace said before Ginny pushed open the door.

"Hi," Ginny said, "we recognized Harry's voice... what are you yelling about?"

"Never you mind," Harry snapped.

"There's no need to take that tone with me. I was just wondering whether I could help."

"Well you can't."

"You're being rather rude, you know," Luna said.

Harry seemed unphased.

"Wait!" Hermione burst, "Wait... Harry, they can help."

After a bit of convincing, Madison found herself standing watch at the end of a corridor with Neville. If they saw any signs of Umbridge, then they had to start singing "Weasley is Our King".

"So Neville how are you?" Madison asked.

"Uh pre-pretty good." Neville was shaking tremendously. Probably nervous that Umbridge will find them. She can't blame him. She was sure Umbridge was gonna let Filch use the whips on them at this point.

"Neville we'll be fine. Umbridge is on the other side of the school-"

Suddenly a large figure seized Neville from behind, wrapping their large arms around his neck.

"Hey!" Madison shouted, pouncing his attacker. His attacker pushed her back, her head slammed into the wall and everything went dark.

****

"Wake up!"

Madison jolted awake after a sharp blow to her stomach. Her head was pounding and her vision was foggy.

She felt a rough hand grab hold of her collar as she was yanked up to her feet. Her legs were unsteady as her captor held firmly onto her collar and hair. She looked around to see herself and her friends gathered in Umbridge's office.