Chapter Twelve: Umbitch The High Inquisitor

After the beginning of Umbitch's terrible reign as High Inquisitor of Hogwarts, Hermione has asked anyone interested in learning real Defense Against the Dark Arts to meet at the Hog's Head during their Hogsmeade visit.

"Madison!" Mallory called.

"Yeah?" Madison responded as she brushed her hair.

"The ginger demons are waiting," she said as she leaned on the door frame.

"Well, I'm almost done," Madison said with a chuckle as she moved into the bedroom. She took a seat on her bed as she laced up her shoes. When she looked up, she saw Mallory smirking at her.

"What's the look for?" Madison asked.

"Oh nothing," Mallory said, picking up the blanket off of Madison's bed. "Did you get this over the summer?"

"Yeah... why?" Madison asked, feeling her ears turn pink.

"Oh, just wondering. You're awfully attached," Mallory said. Madison avoided her eye as she continued lacing her shoes.

"Well it's a really nice blanket," Madison said as she finished lacing and met Mallory's smirk.

"So where'd you get it?"

"A friend."

"A friend?"

"A friend."

Madison waited as Mallory looked around the room a little.

"Oh, come on. Quit stalling and spit it out Mallory," Madison said, growing a little frustrated.

"What's going on with you and Fred?"

"Nothing."

"Liar. You guys have been spending a lot of time together recently. The past few weeks you've been glued to each other's side. And I see the way he looks at you."

"We're just-" Madison knew she couldn't deny there was something there anymore. "We're just taking it slow. Really slow."

"Practically snail speed," Mallory commented.

"Hey!" Madison said in offense, throwing a pillow at the girl.

"What? I'm just saying. Have you guys even kissed yet?"

"No."

"Why not? He may be a ginger demon, but he's not terrible to look at."

"Haha," Madison said sarcastically. "I just haven't. I'll kiss him when I kiss him. I'm in no rush."

"Okay," Mallory said.

"Okay? Wow, you gave in quickly."

"Well I'm just hoping it happens soon. And you'll tell me as soon as it does right?"

"Right," Madison said, hopping up from her bed. "Time to go meet the ginger demons." Madison threw Mallory a wink before walking out into the common room.

"Hey Madison," Cedric said, looking up from his book.

"Hey Ced."

"You going to Hogsmeade?"

"Yep."

"Going with the twins?"

"Yep."

"Alright. Be good and give Fred a kiss for me," Cedric said with a wink.

"No promises," Madison said, turning to walk through the tunnel.

"For which part?" Cedric shouted.