Chapter Fifteen: Angry Gingers

"Has anyone seen my glasses?" Madison asked as she walked into the bedroom. "I can't find them anywhere."

Carter busted out laughing and Mallory was snorting wildly.

"Uh what is it?" Madison asked.

Blaire walked over with a sympathetic smile and reached up and pulled Madison's glasses off of her head.

"Oh."

"So are we all wearing red and gold for the game?" Carter asked as she sorted through her clothes.

"Yeah. Or red at the very least," Blaire said as she slipped a red sweater over her shirt.

"And don't forget your scarf," Mallory said, "last time we went out and it was cold, you pouted the whole time."

"Well I was cold," Carter said.

"So were we!" Mallory shouted back. The pair continued arguing before Madison interjected.

"Alright you two try not to kill each other before the game," Madison said as she slipped on a red jacket and threw a Gryffindor scarf around her neck, "see you at breakfast."

"Ready for the big game?" Cedric asked as Madison walked into the busy common room.

"Yep. I'm even showing team spirit," Madison responded, gesturing to the red and gold scarf.

"I see that," Cedric said with a smirk, "where'd you get the scarf?"

"Fred."

"Shoulda guessed. How is he?"

"Good."

"And how are you?"

For the first time in a while, Madison could honestly answer. "Actually pretty great."

After the whole betting incident and the blow up, Madison quickly forgave her friends. The past several weeks with Fred have been some of the best she had ever experienced. Having Fred, the DA, and heavily supportive friends made Madison feel like she was on cloud nine.

"Well I'm glad," Cedric said as he propped his feet up, "give Fred a kiss good luck from me, would you?"

"Can do," Madison said as she began to walk out of the common room.

"Let me know how the game goes later!" Cedric shouted after her.

"Got it!"

"Good morning, love," Fred said as Madison took a seat at the breakfast table. He put a hand on her thigh and pulled her closer.

"Morning Fred," Madison said, pecking his cheek.

"Don't I get a 'Good morning'?" George asked, throwing his hands up, "or have I become completely invisible to you two now?"

"Good morning George," Madison said, pursing her lips a little, "want a kiss too?"

"No," George grumbled as he stabbed a piece of sausage with his fork, "I just wanna be acknowledged." George wiped a fake tear and sniffled. "I deserve love too, ya know?"

"You sure do, you big drama queen," Madison said as she grabbed some toast, "so you guys ready for the big game?"

"As ready as we'll ever be," Fred responded, taking a sip from his goblet.

Madison glanced down the table to see a very nervous Ron.

"He's not looking so hot," Madison said, gesturing to the boy, who was staring into his cereal.