Chapter Four: "Too much fucking chocolate"

"Oh bloody hell! I'm gonna puke."

"Don't be so dramatic! It isn't that bad!"

"Uh Fred, it actually is that bad," Madison remarked as she stirred the cauldron.

"Why are you taking his side?" Fred asked.

"Because the chocolate is disgusting and I never want to have to eat it again," Madison said as the potion started to boil.

Fred gasped. "I'm offended."

"You should be! That candy will never sell," George said, wiping his tongue on his sleeve.

"Yes it will!"

"Fred have you even tried that candy?" Madison asked.

"No, but-"

"No buts."

Fred reluctantly grabbed a piece of the candy he had concocted and popped one in his mouth. His face began to contort in disgust, but he tried to hide it.

"Well?"

"Uh well, it definitely isn't perfect, but it has potential."

"Saying that chocolate has potential is like saying Snape will shampoo his hair. It's not gonna happen," George said, throwing the small batch in the trash.

Ever since Madison had agreed to work with the twins in their new business, she found herself working with them for countless hours to make products. Many of these hours were spent with Fred trying to make new chocolate for their Skiving Snackboxes, while George complained, and then Madison would supply snacks and be the occasional buffer in an argument.

"How about we try a new chocolate recipe?" Madison suggested, getting up from her spot on the floor. Her legs had started to fall asleep.

"Can't hurt," Fred said, grabbing a piece of parchment and one of the pens Madison had.

"Anything would be better than what we have so far," George remarked.

The three sat down to work on a new recipe for the chocolates. One hour and two arguments later, they successfully came up with three new recipes to try and each was a different flavor.

"Okay so is everyone in favor of creating strawberry creme, coffee bean, and mint chocolate candies?" Fred asked.

"I'm down for it," Madison said to which George nodded.

"Let's get to work then."

****

"Maybe we should stop eating these," Madison said weakly as she ate another coffee bean chocolate.

"Yeah maybe. We still need to put the potions in these to test," George said as he ate the last mint chocolate.

"I'm not even going to pretend. I just wanna eat these chocolates and we can work later," Fred said as he grabbed the last two strawberry cremes.

"Mum is going to kill us for spoiling our dinner," George said, spreading out onto the floor with a pillow on his head.

"Maybe the stomach ache from the chocolates will kill us first," Madison commented as she stole a blanket from Fred's bed. She claimed a spot on the floor before curling up with the blanket.

"I hope so," Fred said.

A nap was incredibly tempting right now. The fuzzy blanket that smelled of strawberries taunted her and begged her to sleep. Maybe she wouldn't have to worry about the twins drawing a mustache on her face. They looked ready to pass out any second as well.