Chapter Seven: "Screw breakfast!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! Just let me sleep," Mallory complained, turning over and hiding from Blaire, who was trying her damndest to wake her stubborn girlfriend for breakfast.

"But we have to go to breakfast," Blaire reasoned.

"Screw breakfast!"

Blaire gave Madison a familiar expression and she knew exactly what they had to do. The two girls went to one side of Mallory's bed. They each grabbed a large fistful of the quilt.

"One... two... three!" On the count, the girls ripped the comforter right of from under Mallory, sending the girl tumbling to the floor. There was a string of curses before a very grumpy Mallory pulled herself up off the floor and shuffled to get ready.

"Well, my work here is done," Madison said as she gathered her bag, "I will see you guys at breakfast."

"Screw breakfast!" Mallory shouted again as Madison made her way to the common room.

"Morning Ced," Madison said to the portrait. When she received no answer she looked up to see his painting was empty.

Madison approached the painting and looked at it curiously. Where on earth could he have wandered off to? And as if on cue, a flustered Cedric entered the frame once more.

"Morning Madison," he said with a smile.

"Morning," Madison said, taking her seat, "where were you off to?"

"Visiting my mum and dad. This portrait has a twin in their house," Cedric replied, a melancholy look glazed in his eyes, "I would have been back sooner, but mum couldn't stop crying and I just couldn't leave her."

"I understand. It's hard not having you here," Madison responded.

"So are you trying out for the Quidditch team?" Cedric asked.

"Are you insane? I've only been on a broom twice in my entire life."

"When was the second time?"

"Earlier in the summer. I flew in when I went to stay with the Weasleys."

"Well how did the flight go?"

"It was great," Madison partially lied.

"Madison," Cedric tested, giving her a knowing look.

"It was great, other than when I almost flew into a building," Madison said quickly, bracing herself for his outburst.

"A building?! How do you almost fly into a building?!" Cedric shouted, catching the attention of many passerby students, "What did it do? Jump out at you?!"

"I just got distracted," Madison admitted.

"How could you have possibly been so distracted-" Cedric stopped for a moment before smirking a little. "Who were you flying with?"

"Fred," Madison admitted, "and others."

"Wow, you guys must have been real deep in conversation," Cedric commented as he sank back in his chair.

"Yeah. Conversation," Madison said, slumping back in hers as well.

"So how is Fred? And George?" Cedric asked.

"They're good. Great actually. They're working on opening their joke shop and..." Madison said, trailing off.

"And?" Cedric implored.