Chapter Nineteen: "Give her hell from us, Peeves."

"If I started an 'I hate Umbitch' club, how many people would join?" Madison asked Fred. She was setting up their giant portable swamp for their diversion and their great departure.

  "Just about the whole school, love," Fred responded.

  She knew they didn't particularly care about school, but it still sucked to see the twins go. After their date in Hogsmeade, Fred and Madison's relationship prospered, but everything around them went downhill. Not long after Valentine's Day, Umbridge fired Trelawney and then the DA was caught red handed. Naturally, Dumbledore took the fall and was fired as well. Then everything went up in flames, quite literally.

  The student body rebelled and there was still a constant reminder of how terrible Umbridge was. Mass detentions were held and the wounds on the back of Madison's hand were reopened. The students had wounds to match.

  When Harry asked the twins to help with a diversion so he could sneak into Umbridge's office, they jumped at the opportunity. It was finally time for them to leave.

  "It's not gonna be the same around here without you guys," Madison said as they got ready to unleash the swamp. "You better take care of yourselves and stay out of trouble."

  "You act like you'll never see us again," Fred said.

  "Well I won't be seeing you guys for a while."

  "You could come with us," Fred offered.

  "Nah," Madison said, "I might like working with you guys, but running a joke shop isn't my calling."

  "I know, love. But it's nearly May. You'll be outta here soon enough for the summer."

  "Yeah you're right."

  Madison couldn't pretend to not be bummed. When she got out of school, she didn't exactly have anywhere to go. Of course, she hasn't mentioned it to anyone before. And she was always a fan of ignoring her problems until they went away.

  "Oh come here," Fred said, enveloping her in a tight hug that would make Molly proud. He kissed the top of her head. "I'll be the first person you see on the train platform. And you'll be one of the first to see the joke shop before it opens. Just wait."

  Fred pulled back from the embrace and dipped his head down to meet her lips. The kiss was brief, but just enough. She would be seeing him very soon.

  "It's showtime love birds!" George announced as he rounded the corner.

  As soon as the swamp was activated, the corridor quickly filled with slime and bugs. Many students gathered and it didn't take long for Umbitch herself to make her grand appearance.

  "So... you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?" she asked as her face screwed up in anger.

  "Pretty amusing, yeah," Fred answered with a large smirk.

  "I've got the form, Headmistress," Filch said happily, "I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting... Oh, let me do it now..."

  "Very good, Argus," Umbridge said before turning to the twins with a withering stare. "You two are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."

  "You know what? I don't think we are," Fred said before turning to George.

  "George, I think we've outgrown full-time education."

  "Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," George agreed.

  "Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" Fred asked.