Chapter Five: A Tip of the Chin

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"No!"

"Glad we're on the same page."

"No! I mean- dammit I was hoping to trick you," Fred said gloomily.

"I'm untrickable," Madison responded, flipping a pillow over in her hands.

"Are you sure you don't want to test it?" Fred asked again, hopefully.

"Yes Fred, I am one hundred percent sure that I don't want to test the Puking Pastels. Especially considering how much George puked last time."

"But that's the perfect reason as to why you have to do it!"

"How? I've already tested the Fainting Fancies three times today and two of those times, I hit my head because you didn't catch me!"

"I apologized!"

"Apologize to the knot and the cut on my forehead!"

Fred got up from his seat on the floor and leaned in to Madison's forehead.

"I'm sorry," he whispered with a smirk. Madison pushed him back off the bed with a laugh.

"All right smart ass. Compromise?"

"I'm listening," Fred said as he patiently sat on the floor with a faux serious face.

"I will test the rest of the batches of Nosebleed Nougat and Fainting Fancies, if you do the Puking Pastels. I'll even extend the offer to George. That way, you only have to puke your guts out."

Fred considered for a moment. "Deal. I think if Mum sees us with another bloody nose, she'll have a cow."

The bedroom door opened and George rushed inside. "School letters!" he shouted as he paraded them about the room like they were Simba.

"One for you m'lady," George said, handing Madison her letter with a bow.

"And one for the peasant," George said, throwing Fred another letter.

"I'm not a peasant," Fred muttered, tearing into his envelope.

"Hey George, how come you didn't just apparate? You haven't even touched that door in a week," Madison asked as she scanned over her supply list.

"Mum was watching me and I didn't want to have a row."

"Makes sense."

"Is Dung getting our seeds to us tonight?" Fred asked George.

"Supposed to. Bet he'll ask for as much as he wanted for the knarl quills?"

"Probably. The man's off his bloody rocker."

"What are you two on about? Who's Dung?" Madison asked.

"Mundungus Fletcher. He's supposed to be getting us Venomous Tentacula seeds for the candy," Fred answered, hopping onto the bed beside Madison.

"Dung isn't around much. He flakes out on most meetings, but he helps get us our stuff so I guess he's good for something. Even if he is a con man," George said.

"You'll meet him tonight if he shows. You might be able to help us bargain with him," Fred said.

"Me? You want me to negotiate with a con artist?"