A Hundred Times Over.

After talking to my dad for the first time in years, it felt like we already connected. Besides talking about Jason, we finally caught up after years we've been away from each other. Of course, he wanted me to visit him in the county jail and believe me I was going to do it. After getting some slight information on Jason I had everything I needed to know, just in case he tries to turn on me. This is my brother we're talking about, and even though I don't know him that much, it doesn't mean he will keep his word. The next day I woke up doing my same routine I do every morning. Shower, brush my teeth, wash my face, the list goes on. I sat outside at the table on the balcony eating breakfast, staring at the beautiful view that was in front of me.

"Morning sleepyhead," I said to her smiling.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?"

"Um..it was okay. How about you?"

"Well, I'm well-rested thanks to you. Don't think you're getting out of that haircut, I promise I won't shave it off, maybe parts of it so I can see your handsome face."

"Funny, you're hilarious. Fine, whatever, you can do it later. I promise, I always keep my promises."

"I know. You've been so precise and fair lately, what changed?" She asks.

"Well after you left, I realized that having sex with Caroline to get over the fact that you wouldn't date me was idiotic of me. I was so stupid to get angry at you for not dating me. I'm used to getting my way and having people kiss my ass. You never did that; you treat me like an ordinary person, a lot of people don't do that. I'm a celebrity people expect to kiss my ass y'know. At first, I enjoyed it, but it's getting quite old. If this whole thing between us turns out the way, it shouldn't. At least promise me we'll see each other again."

"Justin- trust me I want to make that promise but, I don't know what's gonna happen. You can't make promises you can't keep, I'm not a big believer on promises but you,— I don't know. It feels surreal, this thing between us."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry, about what happened in the past. I wish I could redo everything."

"We all want to go back in time and redo things. I don't. If I had the chance to go back and start over, I wouldn't. It makes me accept things as they are. Maybe you didn't picture putting me in this situation with your mom; you expected us to become a big family, get married, you work on your music career while I'm probably working at a normal job, riding in the sunset together. I pictured that too, everyone pictures that with that one particular person they want to spend the rest of their lives with. It's different with us."

"Yeah. It is different, I've pictured that a thousand times." I chuckled.

"Remember when I asked you about what happened that night, the night of my coma. I want to know everything. I deserve to know."

"Okay, but first I want to ask you what do you remember from that night, anything come to mind?" I said.

"I remember you telling me about boys night with Christian and Ryan. Something was wrong with that damn alarm system you were pissed off about. You told me I could invite Kathy, if I were lonely. You looked so good that night, so handsome, so...perfect. I honestly didn't want you to go. The smell of your cologne put a smile upon my face; I was hoping that you would come back and crawl into bed with me, maybe cuddle..or even have sex. But that didn't happen."