Night to Remember.

Tonight was going to be a night to remember, I got dressed, prepared to meet Adrian at the restaurant. Both sitting down at the table enjoying dinner, laughing, joking, even kissing on each other. It's crazy how unbelievably happy she makes me. But it didn't end that way. My thoughts got interrupted with my phone vibrating, seeing Kathy calling. It felt like once I answered the phone my whole life was going to change. It sounded as if she was laughing or either crying. I really couldn't tell the difference.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Kathy what's going on?" I asked.

"Adrian! Adrian's gone, Justin."

"Gone? What are you talking about, she's meeting me at the restaurant."

"Just get here now, I'll text you the address." She says hanging up. I was scared, not knowing what she meant at all. She texted me the address, I hopped into my car and met up with her. I saw three police cars on each side of the road. The red and blue lights reflected onto my face as a cop was in the middle of the road holding his hand out to stop me as the other two on the other side stopped the car behind me, telling them to turn around. I sat there for a moment; I rested my hands on the steering wheel, resting my head on my hands, different scenarios were circling in my head, I was just hoping she was okay. I lifted my head up, letting my window down, not prepared for what the cop was going to tell me.

"Are you family?" He asks. I nod my head. He pointed to the direction I was supposed to go, but instead of driving, I had to walk. I turned the engine off and got out the car starting to walk.

"Hey, hop in," Kathy says. I got into the car as we kept driving. "Trust me; you don't want to walk a mile."

"Tell me she's okay," I said looking at her, she didn't reply, she just looked at me for a sec and put her eyes back on the road. "Is she okay!" I yelled.

"She's not; she's not okay. You probably couldn't understand me on the phone, y'know it's okay to cry but she told me if something happened to her, to be strong and not to cry. When I first found out yeah I cried, then I started to calm down. Some guy was coming from work, and he fell asleep, going full speed, end up hitting her. There's another car on top of her car; it's pretty bad. It doesn't even look like her car anymore."

"Don't tell me that."

"Okay...So, did she tell you? Last night?"

"About what? About Janice approaching her in the bathroom," I said.

"What? No. She didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"At the hospital, the doctor said she could have kids. She was going to tell you she made up her mind and wanted to go ahead and be with you."

"Wow, I-I knew it was going to be a night to remember but, I didn't know it would end up like this."

"Me either, we're here." She says getting out the car, I sighed and got out too.

"Justin, I am so sorry," Rhett says trying to hug me. I backed up stopping him from touching me.

"Please don't comfort me. What are you doing here?"

"She wanted me to talk to her about the whole divorce situation. I was the first one to know about this since I'm still legally her husband. I saw her take her last breath, that is going to fuck me up forever, You okay?"