Forever.

Since Adrian was out of the hospital, we all gathered at her place to talk about the party tonight. I told her everything went well and she was happy that nothing happened to the both of us.

"I told my dad what you did, and he wanted me to give you this," I said handing him an envelope.

"What is it?" He asks.

"A check, to cover everything you've done for us. And to get those assholes off our backs. He's out of witness protection now, planning on resigning and just traveling the world with Kristie. He wants you to take it. Also, he takes no for an answer, so you kinda have to."

"He didn't have to do this."

"Well, he wanted to. We don't want you to think we're all about money; it's not. I know you offered to take care of my school stuff, and my treatments. You really didn't have to; we have money. Just couldn't touch any of it because of the situation we were in. Now that we're free, everything's back to normal. We thank you."

"Holy shit. Adrian, this is a lot. Honestly-"

"Just take it. He wants you to take it."

"Okay. So, you're not coming back to California?"

"Sadly, no. I rather stay here in Atlanta. I was gonna go to Miami and work for Rhett, but I got caught up in this mess. Are you okay? Everything's okay with you?"

"Yeah. I'm good. Just thinking." He said I nod.

"Okay. Well if you want to talk about it, we can. You know I'm a good listener."

"You are an amazing listener." He laughs. "How are you and Kathy? Still friends?"

"I think she's still pissed off at me for cheating on Rhett. I see she's talking to you."

"I didn't know you were married. I guess that's why she's talking to me. She needs help, Adrian. She doesn't talk to Drew about the miscarriage, and she feels bad about it, her drinking has gotten worse. I may not be the best person to talk to her due to my situation, but she needs a friend. And that's you. Maybe this is the right time to squash this beef and be friends again. I had to bribe her to come with me to Atlanta. Told her she could order room service once we get the hotel. Talk to her."

"Fine, but if she yells at me, I'm blaming you," I said making my way downstairs. I saw her in the kitchen pouring her another glass of white wine. "You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

"You're drinking a lot. I'm guessing this is your fourth glass."

"Maybe, who cares anyway."

"I care. It may not look like it, but I do. I care, Kathy. Talk to me, what's wrong? Is it about the miscarriage?" I asked. She shrugs and takes another drink.

"I drink because I don't want to feel any pain. I want to forget about everything. Drew wants to talk about the baby but what for, it's dead."

"Maybe it's best to talk to him. He had to live with it too, still, do. This isn't just about you, you both lost someone."