Thank You.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I'm tying my tie. Usually, Adrian would help me with it because of how horrible I am at it. It's a good thing I learned a couple of things from her as she did it for me.

"You look handsome, are you prepared to see me one last time?" She asks.

"No. God I wish you wouldn't ask me that."

"I'm sorry."

"No. I'm sorry." I said taking a deep breath. "I wish I had the strength to get through this. I can't believe you asked me that."

"Well believe it. I just want to make sure you're okay, and that you can actually do this. I can't wait to hear you speak, that lets me know what you really have to say about me. You can do this; it's okay to scream, cry, or whatever, as long as you're there." She says. I turn around facing her, she smiles and touches me. I felt chills running through my body. I closed my eyes as tears strolled down my cheek. "I love you, superstar." She says. I opened my eyes, noticing she wasn't there anymore. I grabbed my keys and met up with Kathy.

"Good morning, you ready?" She asks.

"Kathy, are you fucking high? Your eyes are red as shit." I asked.

"I can't go through this sober. You told me to stop drinking so; I'm working on that. Everyone is inside already, worried you wouldn't come. You're up first, you nervous?"

"A little. I'll manage, come on." I said. As we went inside, I was up first to speak. I made my way to the podium, staring out into the audience before speaking.

"Good morning. First, I would like to acknowledge each and every one of you for showing up on this fine morning and also being honored to give this eulogy about this amazing girl that has left us so young. This is the last place I wanted to be, I know we weren't all thinking about waking up and being here at a funeral, but here we are...Adrian was my best friend, she meant the world to me, she knew that. I would look at into her big brown eyes and fall in love all over again. Even though we went through a lot together, we somehow always found ourselves back to each other. It's actually hard to stand up here without crying." I chuckled. "I couldn't stay away from her. I had so much hope that we would be together. I wanted to be with her forever y'know. I never thought in a million years I would be up here speaking on her behalf. I knew that one day she would change my life, and she did. She taught me that loving someone can be easy, that love..it hurts. But from it hurting so fucking much, you want it over and over again. That, not every story has a happy ending or end in a happily ever after, it was hard to believe it, but she was right. I really thought we would get back together and have a future together. I was looking forward to all of that. Dan you're going to be okay..we're all going to be okay, we have to. For her. We shouldn't only remember the memories we have with someone when they're gone, cherish them while they're still here. Thank you." I said, cleaning my face, since the funeral was short and straightforward it ended faster than I expected. Kristie, Dan, Kathy and I shook hands to everyone who all came to show their respect.

"Thank you, Justin, for doing that. You've done what others couldn't do."

"I stayed up all night preparing for it. I was nervous."

"No need to be nervous about it, you wrote from your heart. I appreciate everything. If you ever need anything, just call me, even if you're in trouble."