Chapter 1 ✔️

A/N: First Teen Wolf story I've ever written! I decided to write this when I found out that Dylan Sprayberry would be on this show through Twitter. The first episode wasn't even out yet lol but oh well, you wouldn't believe how excited I was! Seriously loved him since he played the teen Clark Kent on Man of Steel omg 💘 Now, read on and I hope you enjoy *\(^o^)/*

Edit (2/10/21): Just a little warning – this was written in 2014-2015, so prepare for some cringe-worthy writing. This story is also complete, but the sequel has been discontinued. Nevertheless, I hope you like this book!

Beacon Hills, California: supposedly a cozy little town, but is in fact, full of mysteries.

How do I know this? Well, my family and I planned on moving here from Rosewood a long time ago, and of course, I researched about this place. It turns out there have been many odd cases here, but many have been classified as coincidences or accidents. Because of that, we still moved here, completely oblivious.

Mostly all the furniture is now settled in our brand new home. The living room is finished, complete with a TV and coffee table. The dining room is done as well, which is right next to the kitchen that we still need to buy more supplies for. My mom has her own space for paperwork- she owns a few branches of businesses and has a lot of files, but I don't understand it much. My dad, on the other hand, is an orthopedic doctor, so he obviously works in the Beacon Hills Hospital now.

My room on the other hand is still very plain, but that's just because we've just moved in. I plan to buy more decorations and furniture to complete the look, but I'll save that for another time.

"Riley! We're leaving now!"

I groan at my mother. She had informed me earlier that we would be going to my new school today, Beacon Hills High School, to get settled in before my first day. It would be a huge adjustment for me since I am coming in on the second semester already.

"Alright, I'm coming!" I calmly reply, even though I'm slightly miffed at how she calls me at the last minute as usual.

I swipe up my white Converse from the foot on my bed and start hopping as I put one on first, simultaneously searching for my bag. After grabbing the black drawstring bag I brought during the move here, I put the second shoe on my other foot and exit my room quite in gracefully. Not wanting my mom to call me again, I run down the steps and jump off at the last few.

"No running down the stairs, remember? You don't wanna break a bone," Dad says to me jokingly. All I can I roll my eyes and laugh at his actions.

My parents lead the way to the garage and my mom gets in the driver's seat, my dad in the passenger's, so I am unfortunately stuck in the back seat.

I plug in my earphones and play a song by one of my favorites, Bastille. My habit of tapping my feet annoyingly to the beat of the song is clear during the car ride as I listen to the song.

In a matter of minutes and just as the song ends, my parents and I now stand outside our car and I finally see my aunt and cousin walk out of their house. Happiness is evident on my aunt's face when she approaches us. She first hugs my mom, and then my dad, has a little chat with them, then embraces me as well.

"Riley, it's good to see you," she says, glancing at me up and down. "You've grown so much,

I laugh and shake my head, simply saying, "Well, I'm glad to finally be here." Next, I look over at my cousin with a smirk.

"Hey, Scott," I say enthusiastically.

"Riles," he says with a big smile.

"Have you been working out?" I suddenly ask my cousin disbelievingly. I just really couldn't believe it. He is no longer that skinny boy who tried to play lacrosse. He has toned arms and a bigger body (which is meant to be in a good way), and I partially want to believe that this is some kind of trick.