Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

Megan

Is there any way that I could go back in time where I really—as in really, really—read what's on the itinerary his PR sent me?

Megan tried to breathe in and out to calm herself. It didn't work. So she resumed to pacing back and forth until Wade put both of his big hands on her delicate shoulders.

"Will you please stop?" He tapped the tip of her nose. "It's going to be fine. Linda is one of the few people in this industry who knows when to push boundaries. I already checked the topics we're going to talk about. They're safe."

She sighed. "There are so many people out there. What if I embarrass you?"

Thing was, being a billionaire's wife was a lot of pressure than she expected. It may look glamorous to an outsider but if you were actually living it? It tended to be exhausting. People would treat you as if you shit money, judge you for every little mistake you did, and you always have to look your best because if they see the CEO and his wife failing or saying the wrong words, investors may pull their money out any second.

It was one thing hiding inside the million-dollar walls of the penthouse, but it was another thing when you're about to feed the public with yourself.

Earlier, when Wade had picked her up from the university, her classmates and several other people turned their heads when they walked by, followed by not-so-hushed talks about how hot her husband was, or how lucky she was to snag such rich man. She felt like a ticking time bomb as she listened to them talking about her marriage as if she wasn't there.

Wade schooled his expression as if Megan offended him. "Listen. You'll never embarrass me. You look perfect. You are smart. I'm very sure you're capable of answering petty questions just fine."

Several emotions took place inside her chest—shock, adoration, hope and the most shocking of all, a sense of calmness. She couldn't help but giggle. "Who would imagine the global-dominator Wade Simon is good at giving pep talks? I'm gonna add that to "why my husband is so hot" list."

Wade tilted her head. "Are you finally admitting that I'm hot?"

"Are you avoiding the compliment, Mr. Simon?"

He smirked deliciously, his hands rising to cup her cheeks. "Might want to avoid calling me that when we're in a public place, Carmichael, unless you want to give them a show."

Her cold hands suddenly grew warmer as the temperature increased. His husky voice created a lustful fog in her brain and she could only imagine the many ways they could do the deed to give them a great show. Maybe he could bend me on the vanity in our dressing room? Fuck me against our door? Or maybe suck his glorious cock while he sat on that director's chair—?

Before she could finish her thought, Linda yelled, "Everyone, let's welcome the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Wade Simon!"

"Hold that thought." He grinned.

He laced her fingers with his and guided her out onto the stage. The crowd cheered and whistled as they both waved. Linda—a tall blonde with unusually dark eyes—kissed Megan's cheeks and offered a handshake to Wade.

"How's this married couple holding up?" she asked as they settled on the plush sofa.

"Good." Wade leaned back, putting his arm on the back of the sofa, where Megan was seated. "Megan has been an attentive roommate," Wade said, making the audience laugh.

"Really? No smelly socks on the floor? Leftover pizzas that hadn't been eaten for days in the fridge? Unmade beds?" Linda grinned. "Pretty sure the last one isn't gonna be a no."