Bonus Chapter

I can finally say, that it's time to close Megan and Wade's book. If you were here when I finished this book last January, you must know that I released another book called 'Tetris in Red'—which was about a rockstar and an art enthusiast. But I decided to discontinue the book for I felt like I wasn't done with this one. So now, hopefully, this is the last part that I'm going to write for this book and will finally be able to write another one without thinking of this one. Hehe.

Once again, thank you for giving my book a chance! I hope you'll enjoy this bonus chapter.

Bonus Chapter

Megan

"Wade."

Poke.

"Wade."

Poke.

"Waaaadee." I whined, albeit exaggeratedly, as I poked his cheek for the third time when his eyes didn't even twitch.

The sleeping man stirred in his sleep and instead of opening his eyes, he just turned to his opposite side with a tired groan. My bottom lip jutted out as I rubbed my swollen, hungry stomach.

The clock on my right showed that it was three hours past midnight, but my eyes seemed to disagree. I was wide-awake and it appeared that the little one was, too, as my tummy resumed growling like a pissed off wolf.

Wade began snoring loudly in his sleep, disturbing the peaceful darkness of our room, which was only illuminated by the city lights peeking from the half-opened curtains. Truly, New York City never slept. There were cars honking as a backdrop of his snores, as it grew louder when his slumber went back to its deep state.

I sighed. I guess it's time to pull out my big guns.

The carpet muted my footsteps as I walked toward the bathroom. Wade was never a deep sleeper. It was by chance that I'm craving for a midnight snack tonight, when he's finally resting after a long week swamped with interviews, photo-shoots and meetings. Well, maybe it wasn't as funny when you knew the Sexiest Man Alive personally this year.

I refused the guilt to deter me, though.

Walking to the sink, I grabbed a small dipper and waited for it to be filled with cold water.

Wade was still sleeping and snoring when I got back. I approached the bed slowly, having second thoughts. I was hungry. Our baby was, too. And the food we wanted wasn't in the fridge. So it was only right that he should just suck it up.

I shrugged and got to action before I chickened out.

The fabric of his boxers absorbed the cool wetness as I poured it on his crotch area.

I know.

I should've targeted his face, but we didn't want a wet pillow under our heads, did we?

It worked the trick, though. Wade sprung from the bed, his feet creating muted thumps as he shuffled on the carpet. "Too cold... what the... fuuuuck?" His whole body shuddered.

Series of laughter bubbled out of me as his shuffling subsided. Wade threw me a glare as he bent down to remove his soaking boxer. "Dammit woman. My whole fucking male anatomy just shrunk. What the hell are you thinking?"

I laughed loudly. "Oh, my god. I only wanted to wake you up because we're starving. But goddamn, pretty boy, that was golden."

He walked to the closet, muttering curses on his way. My amused ass followed him. "Did it really shrink? Can I see little Wade—Awww, are you pouting?"

I heard him scoffed as he opened a drawer that contained his entire precious collection of boxer shorts. He was definitely pouting. "If you think that's funny, you're a lot more insane than I thought. Clearly, pregnancy isn't doing you any good. I'm never ever going to get you pregnant again. I swear to God, the things I'd gone through..."

He stopped talking when he heard me choking in my laughter. I knew he was bluffing. He liked me pregnant. I could tell. Even though we stopped roleplaying and settled in vanilla sex when we knew we were pregnant, he always got so worked up, knowing that I'm carrying his child inside of me. 'I just discovered my new fetish,' he often said. I must say, the sex was still phenomenal, and he took care of me very, very much more than when it was just the two of us.

"Okay, okay—" I chuckled. "I'm done. I'm not gonna attempt seeing little Wade, but maybe later? When it's back to its normal size?"

I was struggling to contain my laughter. I even turned around so I'm not looking at him anymore. Seeing his face was making me want to laugh again.

I heard some shuffling before his rough palms caressed my arms. He sighed. "You sure you're done?" he asked, seeing my shaky frame.

Clearing my throat, I turned my head to meet his eyes. I chuckled, "I'm hungry."

He nodded, a frown on his face. "And you didn't think to wake me up like a normal person? You know, shaking my shoulder, tapping my cheeks or poking my face?"

"That would be no fun, wouldn't it?" I left out the part that I actually tried those options.

"You're crazy."

My eyes narrowed to slits. "You said that twice tonight. I'm not distracted anymore. How do you want to be murdered?"

A chuckle escaped his lips, before giving me a light kiss on my forehead. "I love you. What do you want to eat?"

"Ahhh. My two favorite sentences." I grinned up at him. "I love you too and I want peanut butter ice cream."

He must have realized that it was still dark outside, when he turned his head to look at the clock. "Babe, it's three am. And I'm pretty sure we don't have that in the fridge."

"I know, idiot. I wouldn't have woke you up when I could just grab it in the other room."

His hand went up to the back of his head, a puzzled look on his face. "Oh." Yup. Someone needed some sleep. "Okay, let me go change."

Suddenly feeling bad, tears welled up in my eyes. I shouldn't have waked him up. "I'm sorry," I said, my lips quivering. My arms came around his waist and hugged him tightly—well, as much as my watermelon stomach would allow. I sniffed. "It's okay. We can go back to sleep. I'll just go to the groceries in the morning."

I looked up at him and gave him my saddest eyes, hoping that he could forgive his inconsiderate wife. Wade just cupped my face and chuckled. He gave me a peck on my lips when a tear fell down my cheeks. "Aw, babe. Don't be sad. I'm not mad at you." Pressing a kiss on my nose, he said, "If the mother of my child wants some peanut butter ice cream, she'll get some."

"But—"

"Even if it's three in the goddamn morning."

x on a scale of 1 to 10, how are you going to rate this book? x