Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Multi-Millionaire Benjamin Simon Accused Senator David Carmichael of Murder
New York Times
January 20 2007

On January 16 2007 3:30 pm, Mariana Simon, 35, and her son Reed Simon, 12, were mercilessly shot by a mysterious man in their front yard. There were no witnesses to tell us how it happened. According to the mother and son's autopsies, Mariana has four bullets on the chest. While Reed, who was reported to be bending down when it happened, has two bullets sticking at the back of his head where the bullets were said to push through his brain. It was assumed that the murderer was closer to Mariana's younger son, Reed.

Days after the incident, Mariana's husband and Reed's father, Benjamin Simon, was asked by a reporter live on national television, who would possibly murder his wife and son. Benjamin Simon looked straight to the camera and said, "Senator David Carmichael, I'll see you in court."

Is Senator David Carmichael the murderer? If so, what could be the possible reasons? Are there any skeletons we need to know about the senator?

--

David Carmichael Allegedly Sued Benjamin Simon Over False Claim
New York Times
March 28 2007

Months following the infamous murder of Mariana and her son Reed Simon, Benjamin Simon and David Carmichael had steadily fueled the issue. Carmichael had raised pieces of evidence that Simon had been harassing his wife, Emily, since last year; "Hence it is understandable that Benjamin will be pointing his finger in my direction. I've been warning him to stay away from my wife or his indecency will blow up on his wife's face. Other than that, though, I must say I never threatened their lives," Carmichael said in their last court hearing, March 25.

According to the conclusion of their last hearing, there is no valid evidence that directly said that Senator David Carmichael murdered Benjamin Simon's wife and son. "Nothing but empty accusations," said Carmichael's spokesperson. "It's Simon's words against ours. He was the one who initiated this. We have the right to sue him for these false allegations."

This morning 7:00 am, Benjamin Simon was arrested from his mansion and was said to be jailed for 15 days due to false claims. Meanwhile, Child Protective Services took Benjamin's older son, Wade, until further notice.

Megan

"Where are you going?"

She didn't answer. She couldn't bear to look at him. Couldn't bear to utter another word. Because if she did, tears might escape and she couldn't afford that. He had done enough damage to her well-being.

All night, Megan tossed and turned; unable to find the sleep she so desperately needed last night. Her mind reeled around the fact that Wade used her because of something that happened a decade ago, an event she didn't even have any knowledge of... until Ben stood by their door and recounted everything. Then Wade Simon telling her something she didn't expect.

Mom didn't cheat. It was my dad.

Sure, Wade didn't lie to her about his true intentions, but he didn't say anything either. Buying her with his manipulative words that he'd make her feel good, that he'd take care of her, that he'd make Bryan and her ex go away, that he'd afford her all the credentials she'd need to graduate, that he'll make sure to secure her future. Looking back, she could get all of those at her own merit but Wade's words made her curious. Something not many men had made her feel.

He didn't fail to deliver his promises. He took care of her, gave her lots of opportunities to prove herself, took her away from Bryan and made her forget about Aaron, made her feel good. In the last few weeks, he'd been sweet and caring, hot and demanding, that she missed all the messages brewing behind the way he looked at her. Always so intense yet so passive, as if she's a bother and at the same time he wants to eat her alive. She just didn't realize how true the latter was.

She felt so used, so dirty, so so fucking hurt.

A sob escaped her as she tried to open the door. But each time she did, the handle slipped from her fingers. "Come on... come on..."

Heavy steps from behind her came nearer and nearer, and every heavy step made her palms sweat even more.

The handle finally twisted. She managed to open the door an inch before a huge hand pushed the door shut. Hot air fanned her delicate ears, as goosebumps crawled down her spine. Her body sagged in defeat as she weakly tried to pull open the door.

Her shoulders shook, as the sobs she was trying to suppress broke free. Unwanted tears cascaded down her cheeks. Her hands were laid against the door, forming into tight fists.

"I asked you a question," Wade breathed down her neck. "And questions are usually followed by an answer."

"Leave me alone..." she said, hating how her voice cracked at the last word.

"No."

She didn't answer.

"Leaving you alone gives you time to think. I have given you more than enough of that than my patience can endure."

Megan gritted her teeth. "Fuck you."

He chuckled. "I can do that, but now's not the time." Wade inched closer, making her breasts pressed to the door. "You are too vulnerable right now. Too vulnerable it's almost funny..."

Megan pushed from the door. The anger she felt rendered her enough strength to push Wade's huge body from her own. She raised her hand, wanting to give him some of the pain she was feeling, but Wade caught her wrist before her palm connected with his cheeks.

"I fucking hate you."

"You said that before."

"Doesn't make it any less true." She swallowed. "I hate you so much. I really hate you so much..." Her chest heaved, eyes widening in realization. "That's why you don't want me looking at you in the eye when we are fucking. You are guilty."

His lips thinned.

"Oh my god..." More tears. "You are an asshole! I trusted you, Wade. I fucking trusted you." Her finger jabbed at his chest. "Don't fucking touch me."

Megan pulled her wrist free from his hold. The sight of him, the ghost of his touch on her skin, the words he said made it difficult to breathe. The walls began to close in on her and she just wanted to get out of there. Fast.

She managed to open the door for the second time but Wade was quick enough to close it again. "Let me out!"

"At least tell me where you are going and I'll let you out."

"To my parents. Now let me the fuck out!"

"No, you aren't!" Wade yelled.

She twisted around to face him. Their nose touching, angry breaths mingling, she could almost taste his blood pressure rising. "Afraid that Mom will tell me otherwise? That all these are mere lies you are trying to feed yourself?" She laughed. "It's possible, isn't it?"

"Maybe I'm afraid Emily and David will feed you lies."

"Who cares? You have nothing to lose anyway. I'm bound by your stupid contracts, remember? I have no out!"

To her surprise, Wade opened the door and pushed her forward, out of the threshold like he wasn't afraid that she won't be coming back. It felt like a fist was squeezing her heart out.

"Fine, then. Ask them the questions you'd like to ask. But do make sure you'd find your way back. If you hate me now, I'll make sure you'd hate me enough to challenge me in things you can't win, Carmichael. You'll learn your lessons."

"You done?"

"I also want to remind you." His whole expression shut down; his eyes were so so cold, his body relaxing against the doorframe. "Your father killed my family. Put it in your damn head."

She turned around.

I didn't hear anything.