Chapter 30

Riya's pov

A week later.................

"mom everything is ready.." i told mom.

Akash's Dadi, (grandma) was coming today papa and Akash both had gone to receive her.

Me and Akash came her to stay for few days as dadi will be living here

Day after tomorrow is party which is kept to announce my and Akash marriage, all Akash families and relatives will be there.

As we waited for dadi to arrive i saw how mom was pacing, she looked worried from yesterday. And Akash also explained me how mom and dadi relationship is.

And that made me worried and wonder at the same time whether she will accept me or not.

My Pam got wet due to nervousness.

Bell rang i raise from sofa to open the door.

"oo god she is here"! Said mom

As we opened the door papa and Akash were standing and in middle was dadi, she was wearing a cream plain cotton sare, her overall appearance look of a woman who believes in traditional values.

Akash brought her in and she seated on sofa.

Mom took her blessings touching her feet.

"bless you" dadi said and narrowed her eyes on mom, and mom already look pale.

I was above to go and take her blessings but Akash interrupt.

"pumpkin..!..." he said and i looked at him wide eyes then i notice he called dadi pumpkin and i thought he called me that.

I smiled, it was actually very cute. "yes chote?" dadi said (chote = little one).

Akash pulled me closer to dadi and introduce me " pumpkin this is my Riya" he said and my heart flutter, i will never get use to his endearment.

I touch dadi's feet to take her blessings.

"bless you" dadi said taking my hand and making me seat beside her. She put her hand on my cheek. " your Riya is very pretty chote" dadi said.

I smiled at her, instantly missing her warm touch as she withdraw her hand. She remind me soo much about my ma.

"ok, i am tried I'll rest for a while, Nina......! I hope my room is ready?.!" dadi asked... Mom,

"yes... Yes...!" mom said quickly.

Akash went with dadi to her room with her luggage.

Once dadi left mom slump down on soafa with huff " did you see Aravind she also likes Riya now, it's only me...! Mom said to dad.

Dad just shook his head and smiled "beauty, it's nothing like that" dad tried to convince mom.

I move from there to bedroom.
In this past week me and Akash as come more closer if possible, we both always want to be in each other's presence, hold each other, cuddle.

And unlimited kisses that we share, i have numerous time said the three words to Akash, but he never said it once. I know he will one day, but he shows me he's love thru his kisses, care whenever i told him i love you.

My thoughts drift to dadi, i noticed that dadi and Akash share very strong bond.

I wish now ma was hear, dadi is so much like ma.

I was so deep in thought, that i didn't notice when, Akash came in room and was now hugging me from behind, his chin resting on my shoulder, while his hands caressing my waist.