Part 1

Testing Fate

Part 1

*Selena's POV*

"Tonight is going to be so fun!" Taylor said as we got into the limo we were sharing to go to the Billboard awards.

"It's so weird how they won't tell us the seating chart," I said as I tapped my campaign glass with hers.

"Yeah, but it's cool and kind of unique," she said taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah you're right," I nodded looking out the window into the crazy streets of Las Vegas.

"Are you nervous that Justin's going to be there?" she said breaking the silence.

"It's been 5 years, Taylor. We've both moved on," I said letting the memory float back into my head.

"What do you mean you're pregnant?" Justin asked in utter dismay.

"I have your baby inside me, that's what I mean. I think it's pretty self-explanatory don't you think?" I replied sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"I can't have a baby right now! I'm at the top of my career. That's it, I can't take this anymore. You aren't happy. I'm not happy. I don't want this baby. I'm done," he yelled. "I'm done," he said in a much softer tone. "Bye Sel."

"Hello?! Selena??" Taylor said looking at me with wide eyes. "We're here."

"Right. Let's get this over with," I said nodding.

"SELENA GOMEZ AND TAYLOR SWIFT HAVE JUST ARRIVED ON THE CARPET!"

"Over here."

"Over here. Look over here," they repeated nonstop as we made our way down the red carpet.

"Finally! That was crazy!" Taylor laughed as we finally got inside.

"I know. It was like they were on steroids," I joked as we walked over to where they were going to escort us to our seats.

They brought us up to the front. "Ms. Swift, you will be here and Ms. Gomez you will be right here," he said pointing to the empty seat next to the only person in the entire building I didn't want to sit next to.

"No, no, no. This can't be right. We asked to sit together," I pleaded trying to get as far away from Justin as possible.

"I'm sorry Ms. Gomez. The show will be starting soon. Enjoy," he said walking away whist my jaw fell open.

"Whatever," I mumbled annoyed as I went to take a seat.

Taylor shot me a sympathetic look before she sat in her seat which was probably 4 or 5 away from mine.

"I had nothing to do with this you know," he spoke up.

"Kay," I replied shortly looking towards the direction on the stage.

"It's nice to see you again," he said causing me to laugh bitterly.

"Yeah okay."

"Selena look, I'm sorry. That was a long time ago. I've done a lot of growing up. I was in a bad place then. There was too much going on in my life, but I'm ready to be the father that our baby needs."

"Well he doesn't need you. Okay? He's gone 5 years without you I think he's doing okay," I said brushing him off as I turned the opposite way in my chair.

"Where is he?" He asked causing my heart to fall to my stomach.

"It doesn't matter. You didn't care about him 5 years ago, why act like you do now? If you wanted to really know how he is or where he is you would have stuck around or at least come back and you didn't. Don't act like you care Justin," I spat standing up causing everyone to look at me.

I walked over to Taylor. "I can't stay here. I'm sorry. Have fun tonight. I thought I could handle it but I just can't."

As I ran out of the building another flashback attached my mind.

"Selena, you can't get rid of the baby!" Taylor said looking at me like I was crazy for even bringing it up.

"She's right. You can't get rid of him," Demi said as they both sat across from me.

"Keep your voices down. People will hear you. And what makes you so sure it's a him?" I questioned.

"Because last night when you told me, I had a dream about you guys," Demi said.

"I bet Justin was in the dream too wasn't he?"

She sighed before nodded.

"See that's how you know it wasn't real. Plus I'm doing this for 'Him' I can't so this he's so much better if I just get rid of it."

Taylor and Demi looked at each other before nodding.

"We will be with you the whole time. Even if they try to kick us out of the room, we will still be there for you. We know it can be painful," Taylor spoke for the both of them.

*Justin's POV*

I cussed under my breathe after Selena made this whole scene and stormed away.

I knew that this was really all my fault and one way or another I would have to fix it.

I got up and went out to where my car was waiting. I got in and allowed him to take me how, since it wasn't that far away, so I could drive to Selena's house and make things right again.

I held my breath as I knocked on the door to her house. I could hear Selena walk down the stairs before calling out, "Who is it?"

"Delivery for Ms. Gomez," I said in a fake deep voice holding a bag full of Selena's favorite take out.

She opened the door before her face dropped when she saw me. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with this peace offering. I want to talk Sel. We have a lot of things that went unsaid and a lot of unspoken tension. I don't want you to hate me for a mistake. No it wasn't a mistake because I learned from it. It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it. Please," I said standing in her doorstep hoping she would let me in.

She sighed and stepped to the side. "It's only because you have food."