Part 33

Testing Fate

Part 33

*Justin’s POV*

“Do I look okay?” she asked turning around in the full length mirror to look at her backside.

“Why do you even ask me? You know exactly what I’m going to say,” I pointed out, because let’s face it, every time she asks that questions it’s the same answer; you look great.

“Well I’m trying to wear the cutest outfits I can before I drop off the face of the Earth for the next few months,” she said going over to the bathroom to redo her hair.

“I’ve been thinking about that,” I said adjusting my shoe to make it fit to me.

“Thinking about what?” she asked leaning back to look at me.

“Why do you have to hide from the public eye? Can’t we just let everyone know you’re pregnant? We love each other, so we are having a baby,” I shrugged. “I don’t see what’s so bad about that.”

“I don’t know Jay. I don’t know if I’m ready to go public,” she said.

“So you don’t want to tell anyone about us being engaged. You don’t even want to have a big wedding. You don’t want anyone to know you’re pregnant. Are you ashamed of me or something?” I asked kind of hurt by the actions she was taking. She may not have noticed but they don’t only affect her.

“Justin, why would you even say that?” she asked shaking her head.

“Actions speak louder than words,” I stated.

“Fine,” she said pulling out her phone.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Scooter hi, It’s Selena… I know but I actually wanted to tell you something, Justin and I are engaged… and pregnant…with twins,” she said as my jaw dropped. “Uh huh,” she said with a smirk. “Would you mind booking a spot on Ellen for next week just tell her Justin and I have an announcement and she’ll make room for us… Thank you so much…Okay, thanks bye,” she said hanging up.

“What was that?” I asked kind of upset.

“You said I was ashamed, well I’m not and I’ll prove that when we go on Ellen and announce it to everyone,” she said with raised eyebrows.

“You know I wanted to be the one to tell scooter. How would you feel if I called your mom and told her?” I asked.

“Are you going to leave me again?” she asked in a baby voice.

My face dropped when she realized what she said. “Justin, I’m sorry. It’s the hormones. I didn’t mean it.”

“Selena we are never going to work if you keep bringing that up. So either you leave it in the past or this relationship is over. I’m sick and tired and you holding that over my head.”

“I know, I’m sorry. It won’t happen again, I promise. It’s in the past and forgotten,” she said with guilt ridden eyes.

*Selena’s POV*

“So, our next guests were a short notice thing but that’s okay. They are here with some big announcement that even I don’t know,” Ellen announced and Justin took my hand squeezing it lightly.

“You okay?” he asked placing a hand on my stomach softly.

I nodded as I listened for our queue. “Please welcome, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber!”

One of Justin’s songs started to play throughout the studio as Justin and I walked hand in hand out to the stage, waving to the screaming fans as we went.

We both gave Ellen a hug before sitting down on the love seat, just as the music cut off.

“Welcome back. I haven’t seen the two of you in too long,” she smiled.

“Yes it has,” Justin said calmly.

“So I guess all the pictures are true?” Ellen asked gesturing to our hand which were intertwined.

“Yes, Selena and I are back together and we have been for,” Justin paused to look at me. “5 months now.”

“Is that the big announcement you have for us?” she asked hopeful.

“You haven’t seen anything yet,” Justin replied with a wink causing the crowd to scream.

“You’re awfully quiet,” Ellen said to me.

“Just nervous I guess. I haven’t done an interview in a long time,” I nodded with a small smile.

“Oh yes. How is your career doing? Any big movies coming up?” she asked trying to make me more comfortable.

“Not really. I’m taking a break right now for about the next year or so. Really focusing on me. Sometimes being in this industry can pull you away from yourself and I don’t want that to happen to me,” I answered.

“Is that the announcement?” she asked excitedly.

“Oh Ellen,” Justin laughed shaking his head.

“Well we have to take a cermmercial break but when we get back Justin and Selena will give us what we have been waiting for … hopefully,” she said before the red light on the camera shut off and she leaned forward. “So what’s the news?”

“How unfair would that be for us to tell you,” Justin laughed again.

A few minutes passed by of small talk before we were back on air and it was time for the bug news.

“So, you all know, Justin and I have a long history,” I started smiling at Justin.

“And we are here to tell everyone that…” he continued.

“We’re engaged,” I said turning to look at the crowd.

“And pregnant,” Justin said placing a hand on top of my stomach as silence engulfed the entire studio.