Part 23

Testing Fate

Part 23

*Justin’s POV*

I sat on the sofa rubbing my temples trying to take calming breaths as my phone began to ring.

“What?” I asked in as sigh not even bothering to look at the name on the screen.

“Justin, we need you down in the studio for a bit. We have a little problem,” I heard scooter said.

I sighed, throwing my head back before mumbling an okay and sliding my phone in my pocket.

I slowly walked up the stairs to Selena’s bedroom before knocking on the door and wiggling the loose doorknob.

“Hey Sel, Scoot called and they need me at the studio for something. I don’t know how long I’ll be but I just thought I’d let you know,” I said.

Selena hadn’t even moved an inch since I walked in she just stared at her phone not even looking up at me.

I nodded to myself and closed the door walking out to my car and speeding off to the studio.

I pulled up to the studio before I realized how drained I really was.

Since Brayden’s passing I hadn’t really had a chance to cope with it myself because I was too busy trying to get Selena to feel something.

I walked into the building with my hands on my head.

“Someone looks exhausted,” Scooter noted as I looked at him with a dead face.

“Let’s just say it had not been a good few weeks,” I sighed throwing myself down in the chair.

“Well , brace yourself for some more bad news,” he said crossing his arms.

“Go ahead. Can’t be worse than your son dying, your girlfriend not wanting to face the problem and having a new baby and getting rejected for marriage.”

“Whoa,” he said scratching his neck awkwardly.

“Yeah so go head lay it on me,” I said looking at him.

“Well the label says we need one more song but the deadline is tonight,” he said making me groan.

-

After about an hour of racking our brain, we couldn’t think of anything. In face I couldn’t think of anything but Bray.

“I got it,” I said out of the blue as I thought about how much I missed him.

“Sha la la la la, sha la la la la

I used to call you my angel

Said you was sent straight down from heaven

I’d hold you close in my arms

I love the way you felt so strong

I never want you to leave

I want you to stay here holdin' me

I miss you, I miss your smile

And I still shed a tear every once in a while

And even though it's different now

You're still here some how

My heart won't let you go

And I need you to know

I miss you, sha la la la la

I miss you,” I sang with a smile as I wrote the lyrics down on a spare pad we had laying around.

“Justin that’s perfect,” he said after I recorded it.

“Thank you Brayden,” I whispered knowing he was right there next to me. “I miss you.”

*Selena’s POV*

“Selena are you sure that’s a good idea?” Taylor asked into the phone.

“Are you kidding? This is the best idea I have ever thought of. This is like a win-win. Justin gets the commitment he wants without having to actually get married and therefore he will give me the baby I want,” I explained with a smile.

“When are you going to get them?” she asked knowing I was right.

“That’s another thing. When we got home after our fight I went up the my room and started searching them on my phone when Justin came in the room saying he had to go somewhere for something and I found a store still open and they had the prefect sized for Justin and I so I bought them right then and there,” I said proud of myself.

“How much did it cost?” she asked out of curiosity.

“Like 25,000. That’s not too bad,” I said as I heard front door down stairs open and close. “He’s here. I’ll call you later and tell you how it goes,” I said hanging up.

“Selena!” Justin called as his heavy feet traveled up the stairs.

“In here,” I called out.

Justin opened the door with a sigh and gave me a faint smile.

“Sel, I’m sorry. This fight was stupid,” he said sitting on the bed next to me.

“Justin, marriage is just a ring you can take off when you get in a fight so I got us something better, something that’s forever.” I pulled a bag out from under my pillow and handed it to him. “Those are cartier bracelets. You screw them on with a special screwdriver and they don’t come off like a ring. They are on for good. It shows permeate dedication to one another.”

We got the out of the boxes and screwed it on. “Let’s get rid of the screwdriver,” I said with a smile.

Together we climbed up on the room of the house and Justin chunked the screwdriver into the small set of woods that were behind so we wouldn’t be able to find it to take the bracelets off ever. This was forever.