Part 34

Testing Fate

Part 34

*Justin's POV*

The studio feel silence for a moment after the news was spilled before everyone in the audience erupted into cheers and claps.

"Congratulations!" Ellen cheered along with everyone else, a smile very evident on her face. "When I was told news I was surly not expecting this."

"Only the best for you," Selena smiled feeling more comfortable now that everyone knew.

"I told you it was big," I joked before she turned to the camera for another break.

"Congratulations, really," she said leaning over to us giving up both hugs. "You guys make me feel so old. I still remember the first time Justin came on my show. You were so young. And now you having a baby and getting married. Oh gosh I sound like your mom," she joked.

"You do sound like my mom," I laughed.

"Thank you for taking us on such short notice," Selena smiled hugging Ellen before we were taken backstage to get out things and leave.

"Ready to go tell my mom?" I asked holding Selena's hand firmly as the giant complex buildings of all shape and sized passed through the backseat widows.

"Is it weird to say I'm more nervous to tell our parents then to tell the world?" Selena asked turning to face me a little more.

I reached my hand up to caress her face softly. "Not at all because I am too."

"Now or never," she sighed as the driver pulled up to what used to be my old house.

We thanked the driver before walking along the stone path that still had a few strands of neon green grass growing over them.

We walked up to the huge wooden door before hearing the elaborate door chime go off. We heard shuffling inside the house before the door swung on it's hedges displaying my mother.

"Well," she said smiling, "Isn't this a surprise?"

"Hi mom," I smiled cheekily dropping Selena's hand from my grip to hug her. Her tiny frame melted into mine as she wrapper her arms around me.

"I missed you," she whispered against my chest.

"I missed you too mom," I said as she pulled away to hug Selena.

"Please come in," she laughed moving to the side to let us into the high ceiling foyer with a huge crystal chandelier hanging in the middle, complimented but double stairs on either side.

We walked between the opening of the stairs of the creamy colored room into the open and spacious living area.

Together, Selena and I sat on the sofa facing out to the large window wall.

After my mom sat down I decided it was my turn to talk."Mom, there's something we have to tell you."

"What?" she asked, the smile slowly melting down her mouth.

"Selena and I are getting married," I said calmly as my moms eyes widened a big but the smile still reclaimed her face.

"Really?" she asked happily.

Selena and I looked at each other before we nodded turning our attention back to my mom.

"Oh there's more," Selena said, "I'm pregnant."

And that was the moment my mom couldn't keep it in anymore. She rushed over throwing her arms around the two of us, graduating us continuously.

*Selena's POV*

"Mom?" I yelled strolling through the open door of my parents house. "Brian?"

"In the kitchen!" I heard my mom's honey sweet voice say, causing a smile to creep to my face.

"Hi momma," I smiled kissing her on the cheek as Justin stood closely beside me.

"Hello Ms. Teefey," Justin said they nerves evident in his voice.

"Oh Justin you know to call me Mandy," my mom laughed right as Brian walked in carrying my 3 year old sister on his hip.

"Selly!" Gracie yelled grabbing the air for me.

I smiled gladly taking her from my step father before sitting down at the kitchen bar with her in my lap.

"Will you two like some cookies? They are made from scratch," my mom asked pulled a freshly baked dozen cookies out of the oven.

"I'll take one," I said. "You better put two on the plate though. You know how Gracie likes to steal my food." I playfully narrowed my eyes on Gracie, who shook her head.

"I no do that," she said seriously.

"You so do," I protected.

"Girls," my mother warned placing the warm, mouth watering cookie on the counter in front of us.

"This one's mine. That one's yours. No sharing," I said to Gracie picking up my fork cutting open a gooey cookie.

"Justin, would you like one dear?" Mom asked.

"No thank you," he said placing his arm around my waist squeezing lightly to send me a message.

"Believe it or not, Justin and I actually didn't come over for the delicious cookies," I said placing another bite in my mouth, swallowing. "Justin and I have some news."

Mom and Brian looked at each other while mom slid the oven mitt off her hand.

"What's up honey?" Brian asked.

"Justin and I are engaged," I said proudly.

"Oh," Brian simply stated.

"And," I urged letting justin tell the next part.

"Selena's pregnant," Justin said rubbing my side gently.

"Really?" Brian asked as my mom stood there in shock.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Oh," he said again.

"Mom?" I asked noticing she hadn't said anything.

When she didn't say anything and practically refused to even look at me a slid Gracie off my lap kissing her on the cheek before grabbing Justin's hand. "I can see we aren't wanted here."

I pulled Justin out the wide wood custom door getting in the car before lightly breaking down on the way back home.