Part 14

Testing Fate

Part 14

*Justin’s POV*

“Hey, Sel. It’s me again. I was just calling to see how you are doing. I haven’t seen you in a few days. Anyway, call me back when you get this. Bye,” I said hanging up the phone to Selena’s voice mail once again. I had probably tried to call her 10 times in the last two weeks and she hasn’t picked up once. Which seemed really weird because when I dropped her off after our day with Brayden she seemed perfectly fine.

“Thank you for today,” Selena said and she rolled back and forth on her feet. “It was really nice hanging out with you and Bray. It was like we were a real family.”

“Yeah. We’ll have to do it again. I’m sure Leigh and James need a break every now and then,” I said looking down at her.

She nodded and sighed before looking back at the door. “I better get inside.”

“Yeah, I should get going,” I said as I moved my face closer to her so we were only centimeters apart. I moved my lips slowly into her kissing her, and thank goodness, she kissed me back. I felt her smile against the kiss before pulling away to kiss my cheek.

“Goodnight, Justin,” she said opening her door before walking in and closing the door behind her.

I ran my hand though my hair once again causing it to go all over the place as I thought back to that night. Everything was going so great, I don’t understand what happened.

“Justin you ready man?” Kenny said poking his head into my room.

I shook my head and nodded getting up off the bed.

“You know there are going to be a million paps there right?” he said as we both got into the car.

I nodded and turned to the window not really being in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I had way too much on my mind.

For the last two weeks, instead of waiting around for Selena to call me back, I had been using my time wisely and spending it with my son. James, Leigh and I had all gotten really close and they were actually really cool. If anyone in the world, besides me, got my son, I’m glad it was them. However, since I was spending so much time with Brayden I had a chance to get to see how bad the cancer was first hand.

I went to every appointment with them and watched as my son got poked and picked at all day by doctors and nurses. I watched him try and move his weak body to play and even sitting up to eat a meal was a challenge to him.

Kenny and I hopped out of the car and walked to the hospital entrance, pushing past paparazzi as they yelled at me, flashing their cameras.

“ARE YOU AND SELENA DATING AGAIN?”

“WHY HAVE YOU BEEN SPOTED HANGING OUT WITH THAT LITTLE BOY SO MUCH?”