Bullied and Saved: Chapter 18

Hunter's P.O.V.

I was sitting next to Misty helping her with math homework when I started hearing Constance cry from upstairs. I guess I should've seen this coming she's been holding everything in for so long. I told Misty I was gonna go check on her and she moved into English homework. I speed walked up the stairs towards her room and when I opened the door I saw glass almost everywhere. I looked around to see picture frames on the ground, pictures with her dad. I looked back at her to see her gasping for breath between cries. I carefully walked past the glass and pulled her into my embrace. I rubbed her back to calm her down, constantly repeating the same phrase. "It's okay, everything will be okay." I felt her loosing strength to stand and was going to attempt to move us to her bed until I realized that wasn't going to happen. We ended up sitting on the ground with me leaning against the wall and her head resting on my chest. Her sobs began to get quiet and her breathing started to steady. I continued rubbing her back until I zoned out in my thoughts.
How is she going to handle having to leave?
What if her new family isn't much better?
How would they be sure her and Isaiah are safe?
My mind kept repeating awful questions. I was over thinking this whole thing. Right?

Misty's P.O.V.

Isaiah and I walked upstairs to see Hunter and Constance sitting on the floor. Hunter was hugging her the same way he hugged me when something was wrong. I looked at Isaiah not knowing if we should disturb them or not, but before he returned glances his feet moved him forward. He tapped on Hunter then backed up a bit. Hunter flinched a little then looked around, confused for a second but then remembered what was going on. "sorry, its just um" Isaiah started but then stopped. I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder, he was staring at one of the many pictures on the floor. Hunter and I exchanged looks and I knew just what he was thinking. Movies, ice cream, candy, distractions. I shrugged not knowing if it would work for Isaiah and Constance but i guess its worth a try.
"uh do you think we can go out and get ice cream? After Constance wakes up of course." Isaiah looked over the instant I spoke. I glanced over at him to see a glimpse of fear in his eyes. Fear? Was he having flashbacks or something?
"Ya um, just wait a little bit ya? You guys can go watch some movies while we wait" Hunter suggested and I nodded. Isaiah walked downstairs before I was able to look back at him. What scared him so much?

alright theres a new chapter
love you all <3
word count:489