Vanilla Bean

To my significant other. Forgive me for all the things I never got the chance to express. It is my own selfish needs that created the distance between us. We were once unified by the solid magnitude of our binding spirits to one another. It was more than love, but an understanding. You took the time to figure out what others can't seem to still find within me. Never letting the reflections of my negativity peruse you into leaving. You were the comfort I always searched for, after 2 decades of trying to escape your longing arms at night, there is no other. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have you here in my presence. Would we still be traveling the world together? Beating the odds of others who say you wouldn't live here much longer? Or would I still be stuck in-between parallels that I can't seem to tell who is with me or against me anymore? Memories of us seem to fade quickly. But the silent whimpers at night reminds me that you were once here sharing the same air as me. Telling me that I am alone in this world, and won't ever get another chance of happiness. So for the sake of unwanted heartbreak, my misery is what keeps me up so late at night there is no other. Holding the back off my palm never letting go, you were always here with me. Till the blink of an eye I slipped into an escapade of the nevers. Never to be loved, never to be happy, never to see what this world holds for us. Above it all, never waking up to a kiss on the cheek and a warm fulfilled light blessing me with essence of your love.