Chapter Sixteen

Alright folks..
I'm nearing a hundred followers!
And that's pretty cool.
And this book has gotten pretty dang popular, pretty dang fast..
so that's also pretty cool!
Anyway, is there anything special you'd want me to do when I hit 100? Like..an art contest or somethin? Dunno yet, but if y'all have any ideas please tell me

Alex Pov
So that kiss was the smartest thing and most stupid thing I've ever done in my life.

I know it's going to be awkward as fuck when we're going to talk about it because neither of us seem to have any good communication skills.

"Yo Alex," John said from his bed. "Yup?" I hummed.

"Let's go outside. I wanna go outside." He said.

"You...are the equivalent of an eleven year old." I said.

"You wore a blanket cape yesterday." He deadpanned.

"...fair enough. But why do you have the sudden urge to go outside?" I asked.

"...Because you're a lame-o and we're always inside because you want to stare at the ceiling and contemplate life."
He said.

I glanced down from my bed and saw him slowly sliding out from his own.

I resisted the need to laugh and just muttered, "Fine ya lil piece of shit."

I climbed down from my bed and walked out of the cell with John.

I felt uneasy looking at all the guards. If you think that the whole little sexual assaults affair is just pushed under the rug, it's fucking not.

I'm going to remember that till the day I die.

I think Ms.Schuyler did something about it because I haven't seen the guard since but she never really talked to me at all.

Out of all people, it just had to be fucking me didn't it?

It must've been like karma or some shit. Like fucking prison wasn't enough karma.

"Hold my hand." I said to John out of the blue.

John looked at me for a moment.
"No."
And kept walking.

Well fuck you too.

"Oh so you'll kiss me but you won't hold my hand?" I asked.

"Kid, nows a good time to stop talking." He said.

We went outside and oh my fucking god since when has the sun been so bright.

I wanted to like..
hiss at the sun.

Go away stupid ass sun.

"You know what? It's a really good day to go inside and be sad..so bye,"
I said, walking back inside.

"Wait!" John exclaimed, coming after me. I stopped and sighed.

"Why'd you make me go in the sun anyway?" I hissed.

"What are you? A vampire? Come on it hasn't even started yet!" John said, pointing back to the group of prisoners.

I looked to them than back on John. "What's going to happen?" I asked, annoyance still in my voice.

"Stay around long enough and you'll see you impatient bastard."
I glared at him.

"My...
my feelings.."
I said, putting a hand over my chest.

He chuckled and said,
"Is that a yes?"
"Uh...yes."

I walked back to the group of prisoners with him and sat criss cross on a table bench.

After a few minutes of absolute silence and me being very confused, I came to the conclusion...
this is a prison cult, isn't it?

A man cleared his throat and said, "Alright boys...anyone gots any ideas?"

"Yes! I do! Okay so basically we all like," A guy exclaimed, standing up.

"Charles, sit your ass down."
Thomas said.

Oh he's here.
Ew.

Charles sighed and sat down, crossing his arms.

"Any reasonable ideas?"
Thomas elaborated.

I was hit with realization.
This isn't a cult.
(..damn it.)

They are trying to escape!
..I think.

John stood up.
"Oh here we go." A guy muttered.
"Shut up." I hissed.

"Alright, so there's this metal grate right above Alex's bed," He said, pulling my arm for me to stand up next to him.

Oh great.
I'm involved now.

"I'm not sure how I never saw the thing before but if we could find some scissors or..barber clippers or somethin, little by little we'd be able to saw through it," John said.

I stood by him, awkwardly nodding.

"That ain't gonna work."
A guy commented.

"I ain't fuckin done Jared."
John hissed.

I snickered while John cleared his throat and continued.

"Then we could spin a bunch of thread from our sheets to make like...a kite string."

"How would that fucking help?"
"Still not done Jared."

"..And that would saw through the Plexiglas." I said.

All eyes were on me.
Oh goodie.

John smiled.
"And that would cut the Plexiglas."

"That makes no fucking sense."
Jared said.

"Yes it does you're just a bloody idiot." Thomas shot.

Everyone muttered agreements.

"Then we'd make a candle to burn through the glass and once it would get hot enough, you could just punch right through." John said.

"But to get through the vents, y'all need to fuckin work out or something because if the vent breaks then we will be done." John said, putting a finger at everyone.

"What happens if the guards check our cells before the escape? They'll see a bunch of candles and shit."
Charles noted.

John narrowed his eyes and nodded slowly.

"What if we promised them like..contraband and they wouldn't have to do any work and we wouldn't go through all the bullshit."
I suggested.

"That could work.." Thomas muttered.

"Leave the contraband up to Alex and I. We can handle that. Y'all just work on your conversation skills and try to..kind of..I don't know.
Distract them."
John told everyone.

"When are we going to do it?"
Laf deadpanned.

"Two weeks, tops." John said.

I don't know man..
that seems pretty fucking soon..

The guards came outside and shouted for us to come back in.

John and I followed behind the rest of the group.

"I'll hold your hand now." He said.

I grinned and gladly accepted.