Chapter Twenty

I am Satan.
fEar mE.

Alex Pov
I slowly turned around, putting the alcohol and shit behind my back.

"Hamilton? Laurens?" The guard repeated, coming closer.
Shit.

"Yes sir?" John asked.

"What are you two doing?" The guard asked.

"Coming back from the laundry room." I said.

The guard narrowed his eyes.
"You don't have any laundry with you." He noted.

"Ah yes. We decided to do it in different loads and our last load is the clothes we are wearing." John lied.

"..Before all the other prisoners?" The guard asked, his suspicion clear.

"Are you doubting Hamilton and myself when it comes to agility? We are men, I do remind you." John replied.

"Would you two mind if I gave you a pat down?" The guard asked, folding his arms.

Yes.
I would actually.

"You may have heard what happened last time I was given a pat down and if you could be as kind to-"

"Put our your arms. Both of you."
The guard said, interrupting me.

I sighed and said,
"Aight,"

Jeez.
John is really rubbing off on me.

"Im going to make you a deal. I'll give you a few bottles of alcohol and you tell the other guards to have no cell check in the next month." I said, holding out the alcohol.

The mans eyes widened.
"Where did you-"

"Hamilton and I have our ways, now are you taking the deal or not?" John hissed.

"If you don't take the damn deal, the consequences will be severe." I added.

"I-I...Alright. You two..no this isn't right." He muttered, reaching for his walkie talkie.

John swiftly grabbed the man by the hem of his uniformed collar and growled, "Take the deal, or we will fucking kill you."

I nodded behind John.

He slowly put his walkie talkie away and took the alcohol from me.

"And promise you will do as we ask. No cell check in the next month." I said.
"Why-"
"Promise." John growled, shaking the guard slightly.

"Alright! I-I yield! I promise!"
The guard exclaimed.

The three of us all gave short nods and mutters of agreement.
We parted our separate ways.

~•~•~•

That went well." John noted.
"Indeed it did." I said, closing the cell door.

"How much you wanna bet Thomas is still kicking Jared's ass?" I asked, sitting down next to John.

"Oh, darlin', I don't have to bet, I fuckin know Thomas is still beating the life out of Jared." John said.

"Like Jared had a life to begin with," I stated.

John snorted and pulled me into this half hug thing or whatever the fuck you call those.

No matter whatcha call em, I melted into it, smiling softly to myself.
John is my boyfriend.
How bout that?

In the past twenty four hours,
I started dating John,
got Thomas to beat up Jared with John,
and threatened to murder someone with John.

Loving the experience already, if I do say so myself.

Then he wasn't half hugging me anymore. He was real hugging me. Then he wasn't real hugging me anymore, he was kissing me.

..Is it bad that I sort of like being in prison? I mean, just a little bit?

I loved the feeling in my chest when we would kiss. I wish that never fades.

We pulled from each other small smiles on both of our faces.
I've never been one to be very..
content, but with John, I'm satisfied with him.

I grabbed the cigarettes and realized I didn't take a fuckin lighter.

Shit.
Jeez I'm idiotic.
John snickered.

"Did..Did you notice that I didn't grab a lighter?" I asked.

He shrugged.
"Tis a possibility." He replied.

"And you didn't say anything?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Didn't see why I would need to." He told me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot." I muttered.

"Yeah, so are you."
"We've had this conversation before." "..Because we're idiots."