A Valentine's Masquerade Part Four

...................

Remember to always comment, follow, and VOTTTEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**reminder : chapters come out daily! (also, this chapter is longer than expected, but pls read to the end!!)

.......................

YOUR POV

Fred and George walked with me until we reached the witch. Walking through the halls, I took note of how many paintings this place held. Probably a thousand or more. One had a bunch of old men arguing about a scroll one was looking at, another was a woman checking herself out in her reflection. Most of the paintings displayed the old headmasters or teachers of the school, or people that had done something significant in Hogwarts history. But alas, a small percent were only here because they were threatened to be thrown out and disemboweled, so they were offered to the school. There was plenty of space as well, so why not? Dumbledore gladly accepted them. I knew for a fact that the paintings always helped a student. Many first years ask them for directions around the castle because they're new to the school. Unfortunately, the corridor came to and end and we walked towards the statue.

"There she is!" said Fred gleefully. He went over and patted the stony hat she wore.

She was wearing a stony dress and apron and her face was rather appaling. The stone was quite weathered and there was a piece of Drooble's Blowing Gum under her mouth. I shuddered in disgust. No wonder this hid a secret passageway: it was so plain and ordinary nobody would suspect it.

"So, how to we get in? Like, open the passage?" I asked.

"Easy peasy, (y/n). Watch this." George whipped out his wand and tapped the statue, "Dissendium!"

The wand didn't make any sparks or flashes, which was normal. When you used it to open something or do a simple spell to open or close an object, the raw magic that's needed isn't much. So, you have an invisible spell transaction. Soon after the spell was said, the witch's old behind shuddered and grinded open to reveal a really old pair of stairs. The crawl space was rather tiny, but it way big enough for us all to fit in no problem. When the scraping of stone had stopped, I looked at the space. It was a long way down for sure. And the smell of it....ugh. The basement smell.

"Hey, George?"

"At your service!"

"Great. Who built the secret passages?"

"Well, it's rumored that Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor built them."

"What."

"Yeah, I know." He agreed. "But, hey those were the olden days. Now, are we going or are we gonna just stand here and drink tea talking about the past, or get a move on?"

I laughed. "Well, when you put it that way, let's go!"

"After you, ladies first." said Fred smirking.

I shot him a smirk back and hunched down to get through the tunnel. The stairs were steep and slippery and- OH MY GOD THERE IS A RAT. The black rat looked at me with it's beady eyes and made a sort of growling noise before it ran off into the dark. I could hear it's paws scratch against the hard underground until it got out of hearing range. As we began to descend further into the chasm, the air began to get old and rank as we worked our way down. At one point it got so dark I had to light my wand to see. Finally, the passage leveled out to reveal a straight path and a set of stony stairs leading to a trap door. I ran right up to it and almost opened it before the twins stopped me by pulling me down.

"Why'd ja do that?" I hissed.

"Stealth. We don't want to get caught, remember?" Said Fred.

For the first time in my life, he had used a serious tone. "Oh, yeah. Right. Sorry.."