A Valentine's Masquerade Part Seven

............

Comment, follow, and VOTE

..............

YOUR POV

Severus lead me by the hand through all the corridors. After a while of walking, I began to get curious on our destination. We had been walking for a while now. I could hear our footsteps echoing through the stony passage. It was lonely without the student's constant chatter and shuffling of books. But....I didn't regret being with Severus. He deserved this. Something had happened to him, but every time I brought it up he would just change the subject. He had a special way with words.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see...." His said.

"Can I have a hint?"

"No."

"Alright then."

We kept walking the torch-lined hallways until we were completely outside, cocooned in the brisk night air. Our breath steamed out at a constant rate, fading into the night. I looked around at the landscape surrounding us. Crisp snow lined the school's shingles and the hills. Trees were powdered with snow that had managed to resist the wind and still cling on, and the courtyard that we stood in....The fountain had frozen completely, the water trapped in time. Severus turned towards me.

"Hang on to me and do not let go." He said softly. He held out his hand.

I ignored in and wrapped my hands around him, savoring his warmth. I heard him give a surprised grunt, but nuzzled in my hair a second after. I watched as my surroundings blurred and merged together like watercolors. I felt slightly sick to my stomach. But the watercolors dried and I stopped feeling sick.

"Can I let go?" My muffled voice said. I was literally buried in his cloak.

"Yes. Close your eyes though." He said.

I backed up with my eyes shut. I could only see the blackness of my eyelids, and the stains of the soft light from the moon.

"Can I open them now?"

"Yes."

I opened my eyes and let them adjust to my new surroundings. I was in a meadow. It was actually smaller than most. But I saw the obvious change from the vibrant, green grass to the frosted sheafs. I turned around in a full circle. Flowers were spreaded around in shades of vibrant, but neutral tones. Fiery red lilies, blue and white Hydrangeas, Roses.....it was beautiful. I looked up, hoping to see the sky. I very much did. I could see the galaxy. I could see stars and moons and planets and supernovas.....I had never seen that many stars in my entire life. My mind began to loosen as I imagined how many more were out there. I seemed so tiny compared to this galaxy. I turned around to face Sev, absolutely speechless.

"I found this place only a few months ago....." He let his hand glide over a patch of white Lilies and picked one carefully. "Not many people know about it....in fact, I'm sure it's just you and me who know about it for that matter."

He fingered the flower before letting it drop to the ground gently. He walked over to a patch of Roses and picked one with a sturdy, green stem. He walked towards me with it, and wove it into my hair with ease. He was careful not to pull my hair too. He let his hand glide over my skin and rest partly under my jaw and on my cheek. His thumb glided over my face back and forth. He had rather long fingers for a man. But they were calloused and rough as well. 

"Do you like it?" he whispered. He almost seemed desperate.

I pulled on his robes and put my lips on his. He still had the sweet taste of chocolate on his mouth. How ironic. He kissed me softly back, careful not to ruin in. One I had pulled back, I said,"This is absolutely breathtaking, Sev. Amazing...."

He chuckled quietly. "I'm glad you like it."

We stood there in silence for a little bit. But I got tired from standing in my heels for too long and laid down on the soft grass.

"What are you doing?" his expression was confused.

"Lying down on the ground."

"Obviously." he scoffed. But after a moment, he laid down with me. "The things you do to me...." he muttered.

"Hey, I didn't say to lie down, did I? That was entirely you Snake Man."

He sighed and pulled the ribbon of his mask, taking apart the bow in the back. The mask fell off with ease. I removed mine as well. I could see his handsome face once more. It was glowing in the moonlight, the paleness shining. 

"We've come a long way....." I whispered looking up at the stars.

Severus looked at me. His onyx eyes reflecting the galaxy making me feel like I was being absorbed in them. They no longer looked like a dark tunnel, or a lonely hue. But kind and bright. Just like him. 

"Indeed we have." he said softly.

I slowly moved next to him and slipped my hand into his. He squeezed it slightly but held it still. We laid there for the rest of the night, entrapped in the each others presence. Listing to the song of crickets and melody of the soft hooves of deer.