Jungle Pool S.O.S

C H A P T E R S I X

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

Tamaki and Haruhi are chatting, "Where are we anyway?" She asks.

"This place is a brand new theme park the Ootori group run. Its called the Tropical Agua Garden." Kyoya answers her question and I slip into thought about what happened earlier today.

* Earlier...*

I was about ready to head home, but I never got the call from my driver. I head outside so I could be noticeable. That was a mistake. The smokey mint scent clouded my nose.

"Looks like you need a ride." I can practically feel his smirk behind my neck as chills run down my spine. Why'd he get so close?

"I'm fine. I'll just call my ride." But before I could take out my phone from my bag, I'm swept off my feet. Suddenly, I'm holding onto his blazer for dear life. It was a brief walk to his limo but... I swear that his heart beat increased. The door slam brought me back from my thoughts.

"That's quite a grip you have there." He says as he smoothes out his blazer.

"And you're not as calm as you make yourself out to be." I retort.

"I'm not-"

"Earlier, you're heart beat elevated all of a sudden. Why?" I interrupt him.

"Why did you have such a tight grip on my blazer?" Avoiding my question with another question. Rather not answer that.

"Where are we going?" I asked another question.

"Answer my question, and I'll answer yours." He sounds triumphant.

"I asked you first." I lean against the car door.

"How about no." He answers. Thats quite different from his usual attitude.

I keep my cool," fine dont tell me. Ill find out sooner or later." He keeps quiet. I assume he's done talking.

* Now... *

"Then how come Kaine can wear her swimsuit in public?" Hikaru points out.

"I tried but she just ignored me and i knew better than to force her to listen to me." He whimpers. The twins laugh at his response. With a few snaps I make my way to a table and sat down.

"Im honored that, out of all the tables around, you chose to sit with me." Kyoya speaks as he scribbles someyhing down.

"Well, I'm less likely to be bothered by the others if I did." I responded. He snaps his journal shut.

"So, this was more a strategic sitting arrangement." His tone changed. Did that hurt him?

"Why did you think I sat here for?" I ask quite curiously.

"I thought, maybe, you wanted to converse. After all, questions were left unanswered earlier today." He responds. So that's his motive. Should I? Before I could respond, Honey sempai interrupts.

"Kai-chan! Wanna join me in the currant pool?
Takashi stepped out and I'm lonely!" I smile at his direction.

"How about next time? If you'll excuse me, I'll be joining Honey sempai."

"I'll keep that in mind." He adds. I cautiously make my way towards Honey sempai. With wet feet hitting the floor, Honey sempai quickly grabs my hand and leads me to the pool.

"Thanks Honey sempai." I thank him.

"You're welcome." He says, " we dont want your secret out." As I splash myself a bit, I can tell he had a thought.