Until the Day it Becomes a Pumpkin

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y  O N E

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

"Boss adieu." the twins mischievously say as I walk into the room.

"Wait!" Tamaki cries out and, knowing how frivolous he's going to get, I ignore him. I hear Honey gasp.

"Kai-chan, what happened to you?" he asks.

"Nothing."I answer him while I take a plate of cake from a table before heading over to my usual spot.

"But you're all injured." Honey pouts.

"Kaine who did this to you?" Tamaki asks me. I groan.

"Nothing."

I'm about to take a bite of my cake but then i'm lifted off my seat and taken to another room.

"Hey! What's the big deal? I was just about to eat some cake." I complain as I am being place back down.

"Thank you, Mori-senpai." Kyoya says before Mori's footsteps exit the room. Soon after, I'm being spun around and examined.

"Watch it. You're getting to close for comfort, Ootori." I say as Kyoya comes closer and closer to me.

"I'm examining every injury on your body. I don't understand why you're saying it's nothing. Clearly something happened. You just won't say why for some reason." He explains himself.

"It's my costume." I tell him.

"It's not halloween yet." He says," And costume or not, these injuries are real."

"Says the person with a cape and a top hat." i reply ignoring the other comment.

"What happened?" he asks in a very serious manner.

"...I fell down some stairs." i tell him.

"I don't believe you."

"Well it's true."

"No, it isn't"

"Trust me."

He says nothing. Next thing I know, the sound of doors open and I'm in Honey's grasp.

"Kaine what happened to you?" He cries.

"It's a costume. Knowing that the host club would get into the holiday spirit early.

"But a costume isn't about injury. It's about Scary masks and beautiful crowns and wings and being someone-"

"You want me to be someone? Fine." then i turn to Kyoya, took his glasses and his notebook." Are you happy now? I am Kyoya Ootori for Halloween."

Honey giggles while Tamaki holds back.

"Can i have my glasses back? And my notebook?" Kyoya asks for my stuff back.

"No." i pull away from him," Blind or not, you should let your eyes shine in the light."

After a while of teasing a blind Kyoya, he finally gets them back. While the rest of the host club attend to their guests, I pull Mori aside to talk.

"Mori, we need to talk." I whisper to him."I'm about to tell you something that no one is going to like it. Not you. Not Kyoya. Not anyone."

"What is it?" He asks in his low voice.

"First, promise me you won't tell anyone."

"I promise."

"Promise me knowing you can't do anything about it. Knowing that you can't stop me." I whisper. He says nothing.