An Apprentace and a Big Reveal (Pt. 3)

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F O U R

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

"I'M BLIND!" She blurts out.

Her words echos in my head. She's blind. How did I not see that? The answer was in front of me all along.

While everyone begins to ask her questions, I slip out of the room. I walk down the hall thinking of all the signs I've missed.

Snaps: no doubt to know where everything is based on the echoes.

Likes to feel everything around her, all with the tips of her fingers: another way of learning her surroundings.

Was nervous until told exactly what's going on: she's blind. If not descriptive, she panics.

No lines in any of her journals: someone who's blind does not need lines.

Never does her testing publicly: she can't read because she's blind.

No eye contact what so ever: she's blind.

That was her secret. This changes everything and yet nothing. One fact answers many questions but it does not answer my questions towards her family. She's still reserved, non compliant, stubborn, difficult to get along with, untrustworthy... and yet... I feel a little flutter in my chest when I see her smile.

Only Kaine could trigger that... Damn.

I need to make a choice.

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

The next day, Kasanoda requests Haruhi during host club hours. All girls begin to squeal and curiously watch the scene unfold between him and Haruhi.

It's a good thing Haruhi is an oblivious person.

I take a risk and stand beside Kyoya, not knowing how upset he really is with me.

"Hey don't just stand there Kyoya senpai! Get him out of here!" Kaoru demands. Well this is a trigger for the twins and Tamaki.

"If he's getting along with his goons so well now, why does he need to be here in the first place?!" Hikaru whines.

Aw, he's jealous. That's cute.

"He has kept Haruhi's secret so far and since he is after all a paying guest, i can see no reason to reject him." Kyoya explains thinking about the money. He seems composed.

"But the other guests are afraid!" They argue.

"Oh no, i think not. Observe." Kyoya pops their bubble. Everyone focuses on Kasanoda. I, on the other hand, make my way towards Mori.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks me before I could even say anything.

"Yes... I am." I reassure him. He grabs my hands in comfort.

"Then do me one favor." He says. I'm shocked.

"You never ask for anything Mori. What is it?" I ask curiously. What is he thinking?

"Talk to Kyoya before you follow through with your plans."

With that, I hesitate. My grip tightens and slowly nod my head in agreement. I pull away from him and focus on the situation happening near by.

"I need to sort this out." Tamaki mumbles. Why is he on the ground?

"Sort what out exactly?" Kaoru asks. Intrigue.

"If, supposedly I'm not Haruhi's daddy after all..." Tamaki clarifies a bit. Ah so this is about Haruhi.

"We don't have to suppose it, boss." Hikaru adds.