The Truth Comes Out

C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

"Hey Kaine, before you leave, we need to talk about something." Tamaki stops her in her tracks. Tamaki sounds somewhat serious. That's rare.

I sit down at the table, ready to listen.

"You two are going to sit here until the host club is over and then you will explain what happened between you guys." Tamaki demands and everyone else hums in agreement.

"Fine." I agree and everyone walks away to finish business. It doesn't take long for Kyoya break the ice.

"So, how are you?" He asks and i simply just scoff.

"Why don't you just say what's on your mind?" I ask him.

"What are you going to say?" he sighs.

"Well I figured I'd tell them that, at least, most of our relationship was a con to tell your father the little information you found out about me. That I was right not to trust you with everything just yet and that-"

"Wait, 'yet'?" he interrupts me and continues his inquiry," What do you mean by that?"

Shit

I couldn't come up with anything. I feel utterly stiff as he pursues to question me.

"What do you mean by that, Kaine? Tell me. Why did you say 'yet'?" I can tell his tone is genuine curiosity as he shifts in his to face me," Answer me."

Even if I wanted to answer him, I couldn't and I don't know why. He simply sighs knowing i wont talk."You know, early in our relationship, you told me that for all I knew, you could be using me to extract information, suppress your negative emotions with my affections, or you could even be doing it to pass the time but you could tell me one thing and that was that it didn't feel wrong."

I stay silent. He remembers.

"You also wondered what drove me to confess." he pauses," Though, and believe me when i say this, my feelings towards you we-are true, I did use my emotions to take advantage of you and therefore take advantage of your emotions. I... admit to the things you accuse me of but there's one thing i don't understand: You know who I am, you surely knew what you were walking into and you made it clear by giving me as little of information and being closed off as possible. So, my question to you is why are you so troubled about this whole situation?"

"Telling you would be playing fair. I'm not playing anymore." I try to say that as stoically as possible but fail miserably knowing he can hear the quiver in my voice.

"Ah, so this was a game to you as well. Makes me want to know the answer to my question even more so." I can practically feel his smirk crawl up my spine.

"Unless...you got carried away. You were enjoying it. Too much, I would say." he's enjoying this.

"Theres no such thing as too much." I steady my words.

"Well I don't know about that. They say the eyes give everything away but in your case, it's your voice. Your eyes are expressionless, always looking forward, no light in them whatsoever, one would say they are like a shark's eyes, those dead eyes. And because of that, something else has to give, that being your voice." he says.

"Get to the point Kyoya." I add.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you've fallen in love with me." he says in slight intrigue and another tone I can't manage to pin point.