Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

Since adopting the zabatsu as its corporate model generations ago, the Ootori group has advanced the medical field to unprecedented highs. Today we continue that proud history of innovation and leadership through our cutting edge approach to hospital administration. Our prospective successor to this legacy will do well to remember that merely standing of the shadow of his brothers' achievements will not suffice to ensure his future.

That said, if you want to get close to their level you need supply me the information to hold something against the Kohima family. We have no alliance with them and therefore are a threat to our group.

--------

"Hey Kyoya, i just had the most brilliant idea?" Tamaki's voice pops into my head for a second.

"How did i wind up here?" i ask myself scanning the area around me. My people are passing by with bags.

I was sleeping comfortably in my own bed just a few minutes ago. No, wait... Tamaki was carrying on all of us going, i think.

----

"Doesn't it sound fascinating?.... Expos... underprivileged people can cope... perfect opportunity for us to better understand Haruhi... Field trip... You can't just lie here in bed all morning. Today is the last day of summer vacation." Tamaki disturbs my slumber. Not now.

"For your information. i was up all until 5 am, you morons. Which, if you hadn't noticed. makes me a little less than happy about being woken up." i warn them before sitting up.

"Kyo-chan isn't much of a morning person, huh?" honey cowers behind Mori.

"You have no room to talk."

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean?"

"Okay, enough with the commoner shtick. If you formulaic halfwits feel like wasting all afternoon on worn-out old cliches, go right ahead and suit yourselves." and with that, I go back to sleep.

----

"Oh, right. Thats's how. Looks like I'm at Izumi shopping center, which isn't exactly within walking distance of home. Guess I'll call to have a car sent out." i soon realize I don't have my phone. With a further search, i realized i also don't have my wallet. Adding to that, a I'm hungry.

A kid runs into me but I was in a foul mood and he calls for his mother. I don't have time for this.

"Kyoya senpai? I didn't expect to see you here today." Haruhi appears out of the blew.

"How much money do you have on you, Haruhi?" i ask, knowing she is my best option.

What?"

-------

"Kyoya senpai, are you sure this is where you want to eat? There are much nicer restaurants to choose from upstairs." Haruhi points out as i get in line for food.

"Well, you don't have much on you, so our choices are limited. Just be sure to get a receipt. Tamaki will reimburse you ten fold." i aggressively state before asking, "Haruhi i think it's our turn. How do i order?"

"Here, why dont I order for the both of us? Do you know what you want?" She asks me.

"You pick, just get us a lot of it."

"Okay, that and that one, both with fries please." she orders for us.

After a pitiful sales pitch, we get our food and head for a table.

"Kyoya senpai, just because you're in a bad mood today doesn't give you the right to go around talking to people like that. The poor girl was doing her job." Haruhi attempts to lecture me.