A Note

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y S E V E N

*|| Kaine's POV ||*

It's the final day of the Ouran fair. After making all the rounds, Kyoya goes and serves Eclair before calling out for Haruhi's service. He makes his way to me.

"What did she want?" I ask him.

"She wanted to talk to Haruhi..." he says seeming to say something else.

"And?" I ask him to continue.

"And she paid Haruhi's debt she owes us." He tells me.

"Oh." Is all I say gently tracing circles on his hand.

"What is her plan exactly? That's my question." He ponders.

"I don't know." I lie. Sliding my chair so I'm next to him, I give him a meaningful kiss before saying "I love you."

"What was that about?" He asks me but not at all displeased.

"He's your best friend and you're upset. You all are. So, I thought it would help you." I coo still hovering close to him.

"As much as I appreciate the attempt, I'm afraid it's not working." He sighs

"How about getting back to work, then? Help the others out?" I suggest to distract him.

"You're right." He agrees helping me up from my chair and leading me towards the crowds.

"Actually, I have to do some things so I'll catch up with you later. Okay?" I smile at his direction.

"Well I'll help you." He pursues. I stop him.

"It's okay Kyoya. I can do it in my own." As I walk away, I make a call.

"M'lady?" One of my maids answers.

"Is everything ready to go?" I ask.

"Yes, ms. Kohima. The last of the boxes have been shipped and your bag is waiting in the car in front of the school." she informs me.

"Good. I'll see you later today." I hang up.

Everything is set in motion.

———————

*|| Kyoya's POV ||*

I make my attempt to contact Tamaki but no answer.

"Kyoya sempai, what's with the outfit?" Haruhi ask me about her costume but I pay little attention.

"We told you, it's a costume fo the special parade." Hikaru answers for me.  I try to call again.

"You look so cute Haru-chan!" Honey comments before turning to Kaine,"so do you, Kai-Chan!"

"I dont understand. Why am I the ony person dressed as a girl?" Haruhi asks another question.

"Aw come on, it's cosplay, so it's okay for you to dress like a girl." Hikaru clarifies. And again.

"i am one, you know." She mumbles.

"Well?" Kaoru gestures towards me.

"No luck. He's not there." I tell him and everyone gasps.

"I cant believe sempai didn't show. I really thought he was gonna make it, despite what she said." Haruhi mumbles disappointed. Kaine attempts to comfort her. This girl deserves better.

I make one final call and this time it's at his estate.

"Hello, Shima? Been a while hasn't it, it's Kyoya." I introduce myself.