Cat & Mouse

I knew waking up this morning something would be waiting for me at the office. Tommy and Michael's show that they put on at dinner gave me the impression I should be job searching soon.

Tommy had already left by the time I showered and dressed. I heard him fumbling around a bit downstairs. I don't think he was very pleased with me last night since I acted a little irrationally. He just needs to understand that if Alfie or Al were to die it would be by my own hands.

Down stairs, the sun shined through the stained glass windows; allowing me to navigate through rooms. I sat by the bay window eating an apple and looking out at the barren landscape. Maybe it was my time to leave. I shouldn't be living in my fiancé's brother's house. I needed to be loyal and live with Michael. I've had enough time to recuperate.

Tommy left the keys again to one of his several vehicles to get to work. I drove down the busy streets thinking of my decision. Not yet knowing it had already been made for me. Stepping into the office, I could feel the burdening atmosphere weigh upon my shoulders. This was it, I needed to step up and be the woman I once wanted to be.

I took in a deep breath and confidently pushed open the door. There at my desk sat a young tidy woman with pinned up brown hair and red lipstick. She smiled dumbly at me. My name tag had been replaced with a new name. I rolled my eyes. I too can play this game. I turned back around and slammed the door behind me. I smirked walking down the hall, Thomas Shelby was gonna experience what true hell is.

"Miss Burke?" Neal the door man questioned as he handed back my petticoat.

"Auf Wiedersehen, Neal!" I closed the elevator doors.

Walking back out on the streets, I clenched onto the car keys and violently out of anger chucked them into the front seat, locked the doors, then shut the door. "Good day, Mr. Shelby!" I whispered to myself as I began walking back to the mansion.

After the hour walk, I finally made it to the mansion in one piece. I unlocked the front door, ran upstairs, and angrily collected my things and throwing them into suitcases. I gave the room a once over. Checking the bathroom, I stared at myself into the mirror and wiped any loose tears that were left on my face. I unpinned my long curls and allowed them to fall on my shoulders. I searched the counter drawer for the pair of scissors. I lifted them up and measured my hair. I placed the scissors around my hair at the cusp of my jaw and snipped he curls.

I tossed my new hair and fixed my make up before grabbing the suitcases. I placed my spare key in Tommy's office, and left without looking back. My gold colored heels dug deeper with each step into the moist dirt. I headed straight to the only place I could think of, the Garrison.